Question

Student
Oliver_
Message 1 of 5 (14,902 Views)

C4280 & Windows 7

G'day everyone,

I desperately need working Windows 7 drivers for my C4280. Trying the CD and the latest available software drivers from HP support site didn't work. I'm running Windows 7 RC on my PCs and with the embedded Windows 7 drivers only printing is working, however scanning and copying are not supported.

Need a solution urgently, hope someone is able to help

Thanks and cheers from Croatia

Oliver

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 5 (14,925 Views)

Re: C4280 & Windows 7

Copying doesnt need any drivers and software. As for scanning, check under Devices and Hardware to see if the scanner is listed. if it is, then open MS Paint and you can scan from there. And, there are no Windows 7 drivers and software available for any printer, not yet.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
Puxatonie
Message 3 of 5 (12,997 Views)

DexterM,

I found a driver for a C4280 for Windows 7, and I installed it. (Found here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-74842-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3192753&os=4063〈=en ) 

I am running an HP G60 on Windows 7 64 Bit, Home Premium.

I installed the driver, and every time I try and scan from HP Photosmart Essential, the launch screen comes up that has the logo of HP Scanning, but it get's frozen there. (Just the program, not the computer). I can print just fine, and like you said before, copying is independent of the computer.  

Any suggestions on how to get the scanning to work?

Whenever it is frozen, the only way to get rid of it is to restart, and on exit force the program closed. Even when I pull up the Task Manager, it doesn't even list that the HP Scanning is open.

Thanks! 

Puxatonie 
Student
ckcairo
Message 4 of 5 (6,612 Views)

I also am having a problem with my C4280 and Windows 7 (64 bit). My problem is that i can scan, copy, and even print test pages, but I cannot actually PRINT any documents. It tells me I cannot print "due to a problem with the current printer setup". My printer is set as the default printer. The Print Diagnostic Utility 3.0 did a test and said that there are no problems, and it's getting really frustrating dealing with this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Student
Michael0223
Message 5 of 5 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]

Click on "Start". Click on "Devices and Printers".  Right click on  HP C4280. On the menu you will see "scan" and click on that. The printer will then scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation