HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-13-2011 12:07 PM
As already written:
"FINALLY!!!!!!! I figured it out. I have the HP Deskjet 970cxi Printer. Windows 7 did NOT automatically find a driver, and Windows update did NOT work for me, nor could i find the driver ANYWHERE online for Windows 7, and trying the XP driver in Windows 7 definitely did NOT work. The solution that DID work is as follows:
1) in Windows 7, click the start menu
2) in the search field type "run"
3) click on "Run"
4) type "hdwwiz" and go to "ok"
5) click "next," then click "install the hardware that I manually select from a list." click "next."
6) click "printers" and "next"
7) select "use an existing port" and go to "USB001." click "next" (you don't have USB cause the printer is on the network) .. choose LPT1 instead
8) click "windows update". This causes Windows Update to look for ALL printers that exist for Windows 7, and lo and behold, The driver for the 970cxi now shows up!!!
9) select this driver and continue on." ...... then
10) install the printer and then try to print the test page, you'll get error, don't worry, delete the print process.
11) close the window displying the printer
11) click the start menu
12) choose Devices & Printers
13) click on add a printer
14) choose Network, wireless or bluetoooth
15) now you'll see 2 printers (one on the net and the other on your pc)
16) choose the printer connected through the printer server
17) now from the drop list choose HP Deskjet 970CXi
18) DONE !!!
03-10-2011 09:39 AM
I'm trying to get an HP deskjet 970cxi printer working on Windows 7 but someone working for my employer edited the OS so I don't have the Windows Update button that everyone is talking about. All I get is a list of printers to pick from (in the Add Printer Driver Wizard). None of the printers listed is the 970cxi. I wish HP would give us the option to download the drivers instead of having to rely on Microsoft to do it.
03-28-2011 03:52 AM
Hi - I've got the same problem. A perfectly-working Deskjet 970 Cxi and a new Win 7 64-bit laptop. I followed your instructions but at 8) there is no "windows update" button. I do get a list of printers, but my printer is missing. So unfortunately, I'm no further forward.
06-07-2011 07:33 AM
how can i have right driverutins for my hp deskjet 970cxi? i use windows 7. it is with colour,but today i have only black and white,and a badly copy
03-30-2012 06:34 AM
Follow the steps in the document below.
Follow the steps below to install the NOS driver supplied by Win 7.
1. Click Add Printer
2. Run the Windows Updates to get all available printer drivers
3. Select HP
4. Select HP Deskjet 970cxi
5. Follow the on screen instructions for installing the NOS print driver.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*