HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-24-2009 05:39 AM - edited 06-24-2009 05:41 AM
I have trouble with my printer on windows7
Vista have drivers and printer works good, but i cant install it on windows 7.
Anyone know how solve this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-25-2009 03:14 AM
Today i download and install windows seven RC, auto updates finds update for HP 970cse,
i don't know what different is between cse and cxi but printer works, and print correctly.
This solve my problem.
12-05-2009 09:51 AM
I use an HP Deskjet 970Cxi through a JetDirect Network box. Sadly, because HP are too lazy to produce a a driver for the 970 (or, more probably, too cynical to produce a driver so that I have to buy a new printer), the Windows Update solution will not work for me. The HP instructions for making the basic (half functional) driver work are useless as I do not connect it to my PC with USB.
Such a shame. I've recommended, bought, installed and maintained at least 100 HP printers for work because I've always believed HP to make the best printers. Yes, I could buy a new HP, but why should I? It still works fine on the other (XP) machines on my network. Sorry HP, but you're losing a good customer here.
12-22-2009 08:24 AM
Same problem here. Seems like MS and HP decided no support (drivers) for printers that are a bit older. Do they want us to buy new printers?
Looks like I'l have to buy new printers if I want to use Windows 7 on the laptop I just bought. I have (3) 970CXi and (1) laserjet 6L. None are supported under Windows 7 by HP or Microsoft.
I have two options:
1. Run Linux - I have linux running on two other computers and they have drivers for my printers. Right now I'm actually installing Debian Linux on this laptop using VirtualBox from Sun Microsystems. I can run Linux and Windows at the same time. If my wife likes Linux (I use Linux for work so I'm all ready to go with Linux) then I'll simply wipe the hard drive clean and get rid of Windows.
2. Buy new printers. Not likely as the printers I have are just the right ones I need to make printed circuit boards.
I will never buy another HP product again. I already got scr*wed a couple years ago when I bought a HP desktop computer and then found the Windows OS could not be upgraded. Confirmed by HP support. That ended my desire to ever buy a HP computer.
And now I'll never buy an HP printer, scanner or anything else.
02-07-2010 10:18 AM
My 970 Cse had ink alllllllllll over the interior bottom and cleaning station, which I've 75% cleaned up, but, perhaps for want of a replacement encoder strip it still has the fatal problem of simultaneously flashing lights.
This printer has served me well for many years and I'm still running XP - if you're willing to sell yours (I'm in California) it would be great.
09-05-2010 12:40 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!! I figured it out. I have the HP Deskjet 970cxi Printer. Windows 7 did NOT automatically find a driver, and Windows update did NOT work for me, nor could i find the driver ANYWHERE online for Windows 7, and trying the XP driver in Windows 7 definitely did NOT work. The solution that DID work is as follows:
1) in Windows 7, click the start menu
2) in the search field type "run"
3) click on "Run"
4) type "hdwwiz" and go to "ok"
5) click "next," then click "install the hardware that I manually select from a list." click "next."
6) click "printers" and "next"
7) select "use an existing port" and go to "USB001." click "next"
8) click "windows update". This causes Windows Update to look for ALL printers that exist for Windows 7, and lo and behold, The driver for the 970cxi now shows up!!!
9) select this driver and continue on.