Top Student
Łukasz
Message 1 of 40 (45,829 Views)
Accepted Solution

Drivers for HP DeskJet 970cxi, Win7

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have trouble with my printer on windows7 

Vista have drivers and printer works good, but i cant install it on windows 7.

Anyone know how solve this problem?

Message Edited by Łukasz on 06-24-2009 05:41 AM
Top Student
Łukasz
Message 2 of 40 (45,820 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DeskJet 970cxi, Win7

Today i download and install windows seven RC, auto updates finds update for HP 970cse, 

i don't know what different is between cse and cxi but printer works, and print correctly.

This solve my problem. :smileyhappy:

Student
triciafish
Message 3 of 40 (45,299 Views)

Thanks, the auto updates helped me, too!
Student
soundawesome
Message 4 of 40 (43,993 Views)

I use an HP Deskjet 970Cxi through a JetDirect Network box. Sadly, because HP are too lazy to produce a a driver for the 970 (or, more probably, too cynical to produce a driver so that I have to buy a new printer), the Windows Update solution will not work for me. The HP instructions for making the basic (half functional) driver work are useless as I do not connect it to my PC with USB.

Such a shame. I've recommended, bought, installed and maintained at least 100 HP printers for work because I've always believed HP to make the best printers. Yes, I could buy a new HP, but why should I? It still works fine on the other (XP) machines on my network. Sorry HP, but you're losing a good customer here.

Honor Student
n2uad
Message 5 of 40 (43,481 Views)

Same problem here. Seems like MS and HP decided no support (drivers) for printers that are a bit older. Do they want us to buy new printers?

Looks like I'l have to buy new printers if I want to use Windows 7 on the laptop I just bought. I have (3) 970CXi and (1) laserjet 6L. None are supported under Windows 7 by HP or Microsoft.

I have two options:

1. Run Linux - I have linux running on two other computers and they have drivers for my printers. Right now I'm actually installing Debian Linux on this laptop using VirtualBox from Sun Microsystems. I can run Linux and Windows at the same time. If my wife likes Linux (I use Linux for work so I'm all ready to go with Linux) then I'll simply wipe the hard drive clean and get rid of Windows.

2. Buy new printers. Not likely as the printers I have are just the right ones I need to make printed circuit boards.

Bottom line:

I will never buy another HP product again. I already got scr*wed a couple years ago when I bought a HP desktop computer and then found the Windows OS could not be upgraded. Confirmed by HP support. That ended my desire to ever buy a HP computer.

And now I'll never buy an HP printer, scanner or anything else.

Student
barclayjoan
Message 6 of 40 (41,877 Views)

My 970 Cse had  ink alllllllllll over the interior bottom and cleaning station, which I've 75% cleaned up, but, perhaps for want of a replacement encoder strip it still has the fatal problem of simultaneously flashing lights.

This printer has served me well for many years and I'm still running XP - if you're willing to sell yours (I'm in California) it would be great.

Anyone?

Student
anujguptamrt
Message 7 of 40 (41,235 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP laserjet 6l on Win7

Top Student
panther3001
Message 8 of 40 (35,709 Views)

FINALLY!!!!!!! I figured it out.  I have the HP Deskjet 970cxi Printer.  Windows 7 did NOT automatically find a driver, and Windows update did NOT work for me, nor could i find the driver ANYWHERE online for Windows 7, and trying the XP driver in Windows 7 definitely did NOT work.  The solution that DID work is as follows:

1)  in Windows 7, click the start menu

2)  in the search field type "run"

3) click on "Run"

4)  type "hdwwiz" and go to "ok"

5)  click "next," then click "install the hardware that I manually select from a list." click "next."

6)  click "printers" and "next"

7) select "use an existing port" and go to "USB001." click "next"

8) click "windows update".  This causes Windows Update to look for ALL printers that exist for Windows 7, and lo and behold, The driver for the 970cxi now shows up!!!

9)  select this driver and continue on.

Honor Student
Dave260
Message 9 of 40 (34,906 Views)

Outstanding! I tried your procedure and it worked great!  Thanks! I specified the network location of my printer, but other than that, it all worked perfectly.

Dave
Student
BERTRAND
Message 10 of 40 (32,557 Views)

THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation