Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi evry body
I can't Install my printer on Windows7.
however it was succfull installed on Vista.
help !!

Please, where can i find those drivers! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Enzo wrote:
Hi and thanks for writing, testing what you say and always gives me the same error "windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows update. Please try again later" I live in Cuba and my connection is very slow, if I give a direct link where you download it would be easier

OK, it is not quite a direct link but try the following:  go to the Microsoft catalog update site  (you will need to use Internet Explorer, not FIrefox or some other browser).  In the search box select Deskjet 845c then press enter.  There will be a list of four choices, the one you need is the one that is 11.6Mb in size (this is the 64 bit version).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Enzo wrote:

Hi evry body
I can't Install my printer on Windows7.
however it was succfull installed on Vista.
help !!

Please, where can i find those drivers! 

The Deskjet 845c drivers are available from Windows Update.  To force an update of the printers list you can do the following:  go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers, Add Printer, Local Printer, LPT1: (or pick the actual USB port the 845 is using if available), then select Windows Update and the list of printers will be refreshed.  This may take several minutes without any indication of progress, have patinece.  When the list is updated the "hp deskjet 845c" should appear.  At this point you could cancel the installation and connect the USB cable and let Plug and Play install the printer.

(The above assumes you are running the RTM version of Windows 7.  It seems that the Windows Update functionality for RC1 and previous was ended when RTM was released.)

Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 09-29-2009 10:46 PM

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Hi and thanks for writing, testing what you say and always gives me the same error "windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows update. Please try again later" I live in Cuba and my connection is very slow, if I give a direct link where you download it would be easier
HP Recommended

Enzo wrote:

OK, it is not quite a direct link but try the following:  go to the Microsoft catalog update site  (you will need to use Internet Explorer, not FIrefox or some other browser).  In the search box select Deskjet 845c then press enter.  There will be a list of four choices, the one you need is the one that is 11.6Mb in size (this is the 64 bit version).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
thank you for your help. i already solve the problem using the microsoft catalog update.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and I wasn't able to find any solution by searching on internet. And I finally found this, which solved my problem. And I really thank you. :generic:

HP Recommended

if i want hp deskjet 845c on windows 7 32bit. What do i do?    thanks

HP Recommended

@ditasgs wrote:

if i want hp deskjet 845c on windows 7 32bit. What do i do?    thanks

Install the driver from WIndows Update as described here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

thanks for the help. i pretty much have the same circumstances as enzo. i downloaded the driver from the update catalog. in fact, i did all three and you were right the one for 64bit is the one that is 11.6 megs. however, when i go to install the driver in device manager i starts to install and then stops saying that the application wasn,t found. how can i get around that. Do i need to get an app from somewhere else?

HP Recommended
@ObsidianX wrote:

thanks for the help. i pretty much have the same circumstances as enzo. i downloaded the driver from the update catalog. in fact, i did all three and you were right the one for 64bit is the one that is 11.6 megs. however, when i go to install the driver in device manager i starts to install and then stops saying that the application wasn,t found. how can i get around that. Do i need to get an app from somewhere else?

Disconnect the USB cable from the 845c and then install the driver as follows: The download is a .cab file.  You will need to expand this with some unzip type program - I used 7-zip but you can also use the expand command built into Windows 7.  Open a cmd.exe window and cd to the directory where the .cab file was stored.  Next type the following:

expand AMD64-all-4188_bacd1413e93b4a6362d9a2ca653c869f1c02f6f7.cab .\ -F:*

which will expand the cab file into a few files and an AMD directory in the same directory the cab file is stored.  Next go to Start, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, (pick a port such as LPT1: temporarily), then select Have Disk and browse to the directory where the cab file was expanded.  Select the prnhp001.inf file.  This will bring up a large number of printers whose drivers were included in the cab file download, including the Deskjet 845c.  Select this, then complete the installation.  You can then select the 845c from the printers folder and delete this instance (because the port is wrong....).  Next connect the Deskjet 845c and turn it on, the driver should be automatically installed.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.