Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am running Windows 7 32-bit and am having this problem: I plug in the 845c, and it recognized it and adds it to my printers, but shows that it needs troubleshooting.  When I troubleshoot, I get this error: HEWLETT-PACKARDDESKJET 845c doesn't  have a driver - not fixed

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

how can i install my hp deskjet 845c on windows 7?

thank you

HP Recommended

Thank You, Bob. I found the download at another site but no instructions about it being a zipped file. Alittle bit of Knowledge is a dangerous thing. Thanks for expanding the explanation and filling in the necessary details about unzipping the file. My old Hp LaserJet 1100 works great with Windows 7 now. I can't see the star for KUDOS, but Kudos to you, my man!

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions however once i select the inf file and then proceed to install:

I get this message: "Printer Driver not installed. Operation could not be completed (error0x00000002)."

Please help me!

HP Recommended

Thanks for no support :(.
For all those who may have this problem. follow the instructions here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02664769 Once you download the hp wizard, i ran it and then right clicked in printers and devices on my hp printer ran the trouble shoot program and it fixed all the errors.
Cheers and happy printing!

HP Recommended

I have small problem...

When im trying to download it there is Dialog:

This download requires authentication. Specify credentials

for the proxy-server.Warning: the server is requesting that

your username and password be sent in an insecure manner

(basic authentication with a secure connection)

im trying it in work .. im using my mass and user name but its not this....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.