HP HDX 16T - IDT Audio Driver slows Windows 7 RTM x64 down. (5452 Views)
Student
nudawa
Message 1 of 3 (5,452 Views)

HP HDX 16T - IDT Audio Driver slows Windows 7 RTM x64 down.

I've just installed this fantastic thing - Windows 7 RTM x64 - on my HDX 16T. Everything works fine except the audio, if I use the Windows 7 default driver, it is fine but the bass speaker is not used. If I use the IDT High Def driver for Vista x64, everything works perfect except sometimes the audiodg.exe uses 50% of CPU and slow the computer down. I tried to disable the audio enchantments in the volume properties but it didnt work. It seems like the audio driver has some kind of confict with the Windows.

Can anyone help me ?

Intern
MattMJB0188
Message 2 of 3 (5,442 Views)

Re: HP HDX 16T - IDT Audio Driver slows Windows 7 RTM x64 down.

The IDT driver is crap anyway.  I have the 16t and on Vista it makes crackling and popping noises when playing audio, only fix is to remove it completely and use base Vista drivers.  Anyway I would just hold off on 7 til its release which is soon.  HP will release official 7 drivers for everything.
Teacher
Teacher
SWY
Message 3 of 3 (5,391 Views)

Re: HP HDX 16T - IDT Audio Driver slows Windows 7 RTM x64 down.

Personally, I would just wait until October but if you really want to push it, I would uninstall the IDT driver and then run WIndows update with the settings saved to show optional updates.  There already is an updated IDT driver available through WIndows update for the x64 RTM for a bunch of systems.  With that said though, I can't tell you whether it works since I have had nothing but trouble with IDT drivers and did encounter a performance hit when I tried it with the X64 RC.  I am running the RTM (legally) and think the performance is great  - I don't want to compromise it with another bad IDT driver.  The only thing worse than the IDT driver I tried with the RC is the final Intel display driver for the RTM.  I actually reinstalled the OS to get that mess off of my machine (Intel must be taking lessons from nVidia on how to screw up a display driver). 

Good luck whichever way you go....

Stephen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation