Question
HP Laserjet Color 3600n Driver for Windows 7
Replies (85)

Provost
banhien
Message 71 of 86 (9,736 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Color 3600n Driver for Windows 7

MA5 wrote:

It appears that HP's 'new' and dishonest business plan is, buy a new printer when you upgrade the OS.

Thank you.

Mort

Hi,

Your hardware is up and running then you upgrading the software which makes your hardware stops working. Is this your fault, Microsoft's fault or hardware vendor's fault ?

Regards.

ps I'm not working for any vendor, both hardware and software.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 72 of 86 (9,709 Views)

Greetings to all,

In the past two months (approximately) I have posted several times about my complete disgust with HP for not providing dedicated Windows 7 drivers for the color Laserjet 3600.

As A result of my postings and letter writing directly to HP’s CEO I was contacted by several HP personnel related to this matter.  Regrettably most of these contacts were from Public Relations (PR) spin masters who attempted to defuse the issue with statements like:  “Nothing can be done” and “the 3600 is old technology”.  I did not accept any of this and kept responding and rejecting the PR spin machine answers and demanding a real solution to the Windows 7 drivers and not the ‘work around’ using the Vista drivers.  The Vista driver work, sort of, but have some problems in the Windows 7 environment.  To the lame excuse “Nothing can be done”, my reply was that this is a wrong statement and the correct one is that HP is unwilling to solve the problem.

I had telephone conversations with some of the PR spin master hacks and refused to accept their empty fixes, which in effect were deceptive PR jargon for TO BAD .  This is what PR people do, spin the facts and fabricate nice sounding but useless justifications.

After many such emails and telephone exchanges, it appears that HP did realize that the PR approach was nothing more than hot air without any rational justification for not providing dedicated Windows 7 drivers. I was not just going to accept it and give up.   Finally, in my case (battle) their solution was to re[lace my color Laserjet 3600 with a new printer that did have Windows 7 drivers.  HP sent me a new printer and I sent back the 3600.  All at no cost to me.

The conclusion is that if you feel that you have wronged by HP for not providing dedicated Windows 7 drivers for the color Laserjet 3600, keep on the fight.  Don’t give up.  If we give up, corporate greed wins.

This entire situation is simply based on corporate greed and definite lack of considerations and respect for their customers.  It appears that somehow, the corporate bean counters seems to think that they can trash their customers and we will accept it.  I did not.

Thank you all.

Mort

Provost
banhien
Message 73 of 86 (9,691 Views)

Hi,

How lucky you are. I'm thinking runnig a car and now all the petrol companies say their new gas/petrol is good blahhblahh. I don't think you go to a car manufacturer and ask them to swap for you a new engine. Nowadays, supporting old machines could be more expensive than giving away a new machine specially printers: as I've been saying: they do not sell printers, they sell inks.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
reien99
Message 74 of 86 (9,682 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Color Non Driver for Windows 7

where do you find the driver for hp color laserjet 3600:smileywink:

Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 75 of 86 (9,678 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Color Non Driver for Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for the two comments related to my last post.

First, let me reply to the person who wanted to know where to find drivers the 3600.

Go to the HP site.  There are not drivers for Windows 7.  Use the Win Vista drivers and hope for the best.  The Vista drivers are only a work around but they will allow you to use the 3600 with the 3600.  Good luck.

Second, let me reply to BH.
I did not ask or demand a new printer or expect a new printer (engine).  All I wanted is drivers for Win 7.  It was HP’s business decision to replace the printer.  It is true that printer companies do not sell printers but the ink and toner.  However, one would expect that the printers do work even when the operating system is upgraded.

Relative to the 3600, this is not an obsolete printer. As of approximately a month ago, it was still available new from various sources.  HP has available Windows 7 drivers for much older printers (such as LaserJet 1320 and OfficeJet Pro 7600 and more).  Providing Win 7 drivers is support for current product.  Yes, sometimes support is expensive, however this is nature of the business and responsible companies do care for their customers.  Punishing many 3600 user by not providing the Win 7 drivers is irresponsible.

Some time ago I had similar experience with an HP GPS.  The software was defective and provided wrong address information. HP refused to address and fix the problem, despite the fact that they sold the product.  Instead they informed me to go to the company that wrote the software.  If I wanted the correct software, it would have cost nearly an additional $100.  It is like purchasing a new car with defective battery and the car manufacturer informs the buyers to buy a different battery.  I can list several other encounters with HP where they refused to correct problems for products still under warranty upon initial service request.

HP’s initial approach to this issue was to address it and ‘solve it’ through useless Public Relations personnel and irrational spin.  In years past, when HP was run by its founders, the late Messrs Hewlett and Packard, customer care and support was second to none and problems were solved, not spun by PR personnel.  In recent years, the situation has changed for the worst.  Some customer satisfaction surveys which were published in some computer magazines, placed HP near the bottom of list.

I was not lucky as much as persistent and demanding functional solution, i.e. Win 7 drivers.  I was not ready to just give up and allow irresponsible corporate neglect and greed prevail.

Thank you and keep up the good fight.  Do not let the bean counters push you around.

Mort

Student
tnt121
Message 76 of 86 (9,675 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Color 3600 Driver for Windows 7

Thank you for the solution!!!   I was going bonkers trying to figure it out on my own and then following what HP officially offered ... I don't understand why they don't have a simple solution for Windows 7 users ...

Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 77 of 86 (9,673 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet Color 3600 Driver for Windows 7

You are welcome.  I hope that it works for you.

As to why doesn't HP have dedicated Win 7 drivers?  In my opinion is that they DO NOT CARE.  Very likely their business model is sell as many products and let the custimers down.  They simply do not care to support their customers/victims and hope that they will buy new products.

I do not make these comments lightly.  My comments are based on my personal experience with HP's bad customer support.

If enough victims confront HP with their lack of support, maybe things will change.

Good luck.

Mort

Honor Student
GroverNorquist
Message 78 of 86 (8,979 Views)

1MA wrote:

Not providing specific Windows 7, 32 & 64 bit drivers for the Laserjet 3600 is  extremely irresponsible on H's part.  Any wonder why in many customer satisfaction surveys, HP is at or near the bottom?  This 'modern' HP simply no longer cares about the customers!  All they care is sell, sell, sell.

Just expressing our views and frustrations on this forum will not solve the lack of specific Windows 7  drivers issue. 
A few days ago I mailed a serious complaint letter  on this issue to HP's CEO Ms. Meg Whitman.  We need to address our situation to her.  It is very likely that some irresponsible 'bean counting' manager is making name for himself/herself by reducing cost and not supporting the Laserjet 3600.

From my experience, this 'modern HP' has a history of bad support for two laptops, GPS unit and now the 3600.
No doubt there are many more HP NO support victims out there.

I urge you all to flood the CEO's office with complaints.

Thank you.

Mort

As with 99% of all companies and employes based and founded in America they are Republican and Republicans by nature are dismissive of others and selfish and only care about profit. I don't know why you'd expect anything else.

Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 79 of 86 (8,979 Views)

Unfortunately it is true.  HP has turned out to be a corrupt dishonest entity that simply does not care about its customers.  All they care is SELL, SELL Sell and screw the customer.

I raised lots of hell, wrote to the CEO, posted on the internet nasty stuff about HP and it worked.  You can find the CEO's name and adress on HP's web site.  I posted it on one of the 3600 forums and the crooks at HP deleted it with the excuse that this is privilaged information.  So look at the web site.

Also, I did post on one of the 3600 forums my results.  After many email exxhanges with their completely useless and certainly dishonest 'Executive Public Relations' hacks, HP agreed to send me a brand new color laser printer, series 400 in exchange for mine.  I did inform them that unless they provide dedicated WIN 7 drivers, I will go to the nearest Fry's (approximately 6 miles) and leave a note on each car not to buy HP also I was going to provide my 'custom' email adress  HPSUCKS........ and ask people to contact me.

Please look at the other 3600 posts by Mort.  If you wish, give me an email address and I will be glad to send you some copies of my not so friendly communication with HP.

GO GIVE THEM HELL..  I did and it worked.  If more people do so, it may even work better.

Good luck.

Mort

Student
HZia
Message 80 of 86 (7,590 Views)

I was a huge HP fan and encourage my friends to by HP. I had an old HP printer and when I upgraded to Windows 7, I found out that there is no driver for Windows 7. I thought my printer is very old and it is time to move forward with new printer. I bought another HP printer.  But now I see this is their policy to just sell. HP LaserJet 3600n is not outdated printer. I strongly believe they must provide their support (like Driver) for reasonable period. Thanks for people like you that put that much effort to make things right. I do NOT buy any HP product s until they change their customer NOT care policy.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation