Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have instal windows 7 on my laptop and audio doesent work anymore. Is there a working driver or what shout i do? I have tried several drivers but none of them working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
OK it says= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30A5&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30A5
HP Recommended
Sorry i forget p/n it´s RE304EA#AK8
HP Recommended
Hhmmmm... No solution?
HP Recommended
Answer will be today or tomorrow. Sorry somehow I deleted notify on my email client then You replied. 😉

HP Recommended

Try this driver.

If it will not work run Windows update maybe this will solve problem with sound.

HP Recommended
Thank you for this but still won´t work. It says that the HP Quick Launch Buttons compatibility problem...
HP Recommended

Uninstall QLB and try to install audio.

Have You tried to find audio driver through Windows Update?

HP Recommended

Yes i have tried to find audio driver through Windows Update but nothing. I uninstall QLB and instal audio again but nothing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.