Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I also have the dv5000, but I'm running windows vista.

Everything works perfectly, but I can't seem to find a working audio driver!

Need some help here, thanks...

HP Recommended

FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

Here is a working audio driver for the HP Pavilion dv5000

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

It should work with Windows 7 also. Have yet to test it out.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Works with Win 7 🙂

HP Recommended
Awesome - this also worked on dv8000 running Win7 Home Premium.  Was getting pretty frustrated looking for the drivers that even Windows Update couldn't find.
HP Recommended

I have a dv5000 and just installed windows 7. Don't have audio... and when I try to install new drivers it always says "Installation Failure" or something of that sort. And my Windows Update always says "Windows could not search for new updates... error code: 80072F8F.

This is very frustrating. :Crying: Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

@BrentHarsh, nukkuski and SkyHigh

Hi guys. I need You help.

Can You answer on few questions? 

Many users have problems with audio drivers for dv5000 and dv8000.

So answers on those question will be very helpful for all HP users.

1. Are You all using Win7 RTM version. If not then which version of Win7: beta or RC?

2. Which drivers are You using? HP or just downloaded for Windows Update? Most interesting for me is which chipset driver are You using?

3. With which method have You installed audio drivers:

a) it was normal installation

b) in compability mode. If this method then which mode did You selected?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I've tried all these drivers in this thread, and I still get a "FAILURE" after trying installing them.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits. Everything else is working great, except the audio.

Please help me out 😕

Hardware lds:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30A4103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30A4103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

p/n:

EZ160EA#ABN

Message Edited by iawesome on 11-07-2009 08:13 AM
Message Edited by iawesome on 11-07-2009 08:15 AM
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  I agree that everything else is working well except there's no sound.  Are there any 64-bit drivers I can use?

Hardware lds:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30A4103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30A4103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

p/n:

ET807UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Found a solution for this problem here:

http://www.64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1375

It involves manually editing some INF files though. 

HP Recommended

I installed a new copy of windows 7 32bit on the computer and everything worked as it should. Is there any negative sides with having 32bit operative system instead of a 64bit one?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.