HP2840 All in one Driver for Windows 7 (52859 Views)
Student
shirley4now
Message 1 of 12 (52,859 Views)

HP2840 All in one Driver for Windows 7

Has anyone found a solution for the above? thks Shirley
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 12 (52,840 Views)

Re: HP2840 All in one Driver for Windows 7

shirley4now wrote:
Has anyone found a solution for the above? thks Shirley

This page indicates the drivers are available in Windows 7 and also the updated drivers will be available on hp.com somewhere near Oct 22.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
Inha
Message 3 of 12 (52,619 Views)

Bob:

What the page idicates is that basic printing is supported in by Windows 7. No mention of all the other features one would by such a printer for. Meanwhile, no software from HP is available yet. Let's hope it doesn't take one year for HP to come out with the software as was the case with Windows Vista.

Furthermore lets hope that it operates better then the Windows Vista version of HP's Solution center which after an uninstall I was never able to get operational again on one of my PCs (an HP one at that).

In summary the HP2840 has been an excellent piece of hardware plagued by horrible software to support it.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 12 (52,621 Views)

The PCL5, PCL6 and PS drivers are available for download.

Click Here
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
Harrie_Nack
Message 5 of 12 (52,503 Views)

I installed the standard Windows 7 driver offered at the HP2840 page.

Only, it will not let me print in color, only black/white.

Can someone give a solution for that problem?

Harrie

Student
puurveen
Message 6 of 12 (51,091 Views)

We have had a HP 2840 for some time and have been happy with it with our XP machine.  We upgraded to a new computer running Windows 7, and have been unable to use the printer via USB with Windows 7 since we got it.  I have spent many hours searching forums, installing drivers, etc, etc, trying to make it work, but to no avail.  Although print drivers  for the 2800 series printers appear in the downloaded list of drivers from Microsoft, they do not work properly.  We continut to get the "PAGE TOO COMPLEX" error.

Is there no hope for an appropriate driver?

D.

Student
NEDSdk
Message 7 of 12 (49,546 Views)

have you tried to print trough LAN ? Some times the "PAGE TOO COMPLEX" error apperes wenn you print troug USB, ore even wenn the USB-cable is connectet to á PC with windows 7.

Make sure the USB cable is not to long !  try with max. 2 meter

It, seem like the 2840 has trouble by printing grafic and PDF, when printing from W7

Student
hapix
Message 8 of 12 (49,394 Views)

I also had problems after upgrading from XP to Win 7. Searching the web brought me the solution directly from HP. In my case I'm printing over LAN but I guess USB should work as well.

Follow these steps.

Get HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 North America/Western Europe Full Software Solution from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

or from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=445197&p...

Install the SW according to the install instructions found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

With a somewhat clean Win 7 installed the printer/scanner should work without problemos.

Regards

E.

Honor Student
daddytym
Message 9 of 12 (49,019 Views)

I just upgraded to win 7 and have the 2840.  Win 7 incorporates all drivers of this printer.  I had no problem doing plug and play install of the printer over the network.  What drove me nuts is that the fax and scan are only available through the USB port of the printer.  So i had to run a USB to my laptop docking station to the printer then do detect decice.  It installed all the fax and scan drivers for me no problem and 100% working.  I read the support on HP and it said that fax and scan are only available through the USB cable.  Check out the bottom section 4 of this link.  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D​ocument.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId...

I am curious though if i run in compatibility XP mode and install the XP disk then mark all the HP apps to run in XP compatibility mode.  I haven't done it yet but sounds kind of logical.  If anyone tried it and it works, please post

Top Student
thausner
Message 10 of 12 (44,090 Views)

I tried installing hp2840 software on windows 7 and windows xp w/o success in both cases.  any suggestions. installed latest drivers. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation