Re: Internal microphone not working with Windows 7 RC on dv9000 (Dv9817cl) (165772 Views)
Top Student
Hamer7513
Message 1 of 11 (166,989 Views)
Accepted Solution

Internal microphone not working with Windows 7 RC on dv9000 (Dv9817cl)

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I recently installed Windows 7 RC (64bit) on my HP dv9000 (DV9817cl) and everything seems to work apart from the internal microphones.

In the Sounds section of the hardware and sound section of control panel there is only one recording device shown "Microphone, High definition audio device, not plugged in".  I take it this is the 3.5mm microphone port on the front of the notebook.  There is only one driver issue showing in device manager for "Other devices>coprocessor".

The current audio driver is High Definition Audio Device microsoft v6.1.7100.0.  I've tried looking for updated drivers ion the web with no luck so far.

Does anyone know where I could get an updated driver or have any suggestions to get this going?

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by Hamer7513 on 07-25-2009 02:25 AM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 11 (166,809 Views)

Re: Internal microphone not working with Windows 7 RC on dv9000 (Dv9817cl)

Hi,

Download Audio driver from here.

Intructions how to install it in Vista/Win7.

1. Extract this driver with Winrar.
  2. Open Device manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
  3. Right click on Either the High Definition Audio Device if you have the generic Microsoft drivers, or the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 if you have older Conexant drivers and choose "Update Driver Software..."
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  5. Click "Have Disk..." then Browse to the folder where the drivers were extracted  .......\V64 for 64-bit Vista/Win7. Click OK.
  6. Select one of the "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221" models in the list, there will be multiple identical entries.
  7. Click Next, and you're done.

I'm not sure which one from the list will work for You.

This drivers weren't test. So if You will try them and it will work for You let us now about.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 11 (166,807 Views)

Coprocessor will be solved ith chipset driver.

Try You original driver for it here.

If this doesn't work try nvidia driver here.

Install always first chipset drivers on any system before other drivers.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
Hamer7513
Message 4 of 11 (165,772 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much for the info.  I couldn't quite get the sound driver update you linked to going, however I ended up finding the following driver update on the hp site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-63949-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=nz&...

I used the "hermosa" driver version and now everything's running OK.

I did use the driver update you suggested for the co-processor driver error, which worked well.

Many thanks for your input.

Cheers

Student
canoamaya1
Message 5 of 11 (148,391 Views)

I have a hp dv9000 9819wm, I upgraded from vista to 7, I followed the intructions and my microphone was recognized but I can't record sounds. I maked an upgrade drivers and voila I finally can record with my internal microphone.

Thanks for help.

Student
hbakul
Message 6 of 11 (125,596 Views)

Re: Internal microphone not working with Windows 7

Hi,  I recently installed Windows 7 ultimet (64bit) on my

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (Product:HP Pavilion
 dv9000 p/n:FE693UAR#ABA and s/n: 3CF8275M6G)
I went to use Skype but not working my internal microphone...and no found my dvd rom so plz help me.....

thanks

Student
aagvincent
Message 7 of 11 (125,099 Views)

I have a new PC and since new have been unable to make a microphone work through either front or rear jacks.

Sound is only available by headphone using VIA High definition Audio. To use the computer's speakers I have to switch to ATI high definition audio device. As I am in Thailand I have, unusually, a non pirated version of Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit).

Despite this, running a 3 minute mile is a greater likelyhood than getting the retailer to honour the guarantee. Advise (especially about the mic) anyone.  Tony

Student
dikshya-sharma
Message 8 of 11 (118,057 Views)

hi... i just bought hp probook series.... but couidn't use skype... my microphone and speakers both r not working... please do solve this....

Student
charlesjz74
Message 9 of 11 (117,548 Views)

i want to be satisfied with using hp computer.

that is why i am trying it in many ways.

Student
Selvarajnadar
Message 10 of 11 (112,662 Views)

I have the EXACT similar issue through my Acer Aspire 5810TZ-4274 and its actually aggrivating me. If you desire to uninstall and reinstall the driver what are the steps you necessitate to do. I had got some information from this be linked site which will be helpful to you. For more information http://www.futurehardware.com/pc-softwares-applications/191.htm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation