Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have a Pavilion dv6700 currently equipped with the 

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card

I am testing the official Windows 7 release, but the Nvidia driver is not compatible.

Where can I get a hold of a windows-7 compatible driver?

Nvidia site said I must contact HP, but can't find a win7 version anywhere on the HP site

is it hidden somewhere or about to be released?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here. Drivers from Vista are working for Win7.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here. Drivers from Vista are working for Win7.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately,A popup message adviced that display driver not compatible.

All other components such as usb and ethernet drivers installed from this package, however.

HP Recommended

Hi me again,

Ok, so I went back to the link you provided and poked around a bit and found this

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.48_beta.html

That worked in installing the display driver for windows 7.

So, your link took care of the other nvidia components ... the link i found took care of the display driver ..

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Sorry for a little problems. I don't know why but I didn't noticed that You want graphic drivers too. That's why i gave You only chipset drivers. I'm glad that You founded this drivers without any problems.

Regards

HP Recommended
guys, does this work on the 64 bit version as well ?
HP Recommended

Sorry for piggybacking on this, but I acn't seem to find out how to start a new thread...

Anyway, I have an

HP p6115y,

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core cpu

8G DDR memory

Vista Home Premium 64-bit

GeForce 9100 integrated graphics

(and, apparently, an nForce motherboard with the followinig drivers)

NVIDIA nForce System Management driver version 4.6.6.0

NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller driver version 5.1.2600.152 (file listed as nvsmu.sys)

I am eligible and should be receiving my WIN 7 upgrade shortly, but:

the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor tells me that my NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller is not compativble with Windows 7, that I should update my driver.  I've checked the NVIDIA site and supposedly I've found updated drivers, but their forums say that these updates cause allosrts of problems like killing the ethernet controller (which is abd for me since that's how I connect to the inernet...)

Does HP have an updated set of drivers for this NVIDIA components?  (I notice someone said to use the Vista drivers, but they looked even more downlevel than what I have).

Thanks in advance (and once again, sorry to hijack this thread)

Wes Struebing

HP Recommended

Your response to use Vista Drivers is not really a solution.  They almost work however there are several cases where they fail.

The issue is the nForce 630m chipset not the video card.

Two simple failures that are easily reproducable.  Copy a large file >3g from usb drive to a different usb drive/memory key

Sync iPhone with a large number of music files (audo books)

My hardware is DV 9500 CTO using Win 7 64 bit

HP Recommended
Try THIS one. It is for Win 7 32 bit.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

I have already tried the 64 bit version but did try again, it only installs the "go mobil" driver. I assume that the hardware id's do not match.  The latest matching driver from nVidia that I can locate is "179.48_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_beta" and it seems to deal with video driver mostly.

(Thanks for the response)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.