Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. I got an HP Pavilion dv6915nr/HP Pavilion dv6700 Entertainment Notebook PC. I got a copy of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and I did reformat my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7 x64. I have downloaded lots of Video Drivers over the net and find none which could be a compatible driver for my PC. Please help me and I need a reply as soon as possible. My Video Card is NVIDIA GeForce 7150M. 

Please guys.!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need an assistance from HP Emlpoyees and Technicians. Thank you. Here is my email address in case of  any assistance to be given.

Thank you guys! 

HP Recommended

Guys, I have found a solution for problems concerning about the change OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7. If you have problems like Video Drivers, just do this step:

1.) Go to Control Panel

2.) Turn on Automatic Updates

3.) Download all updates.

4.) Install updates and VOALA! All are updated and drivers ate installed.

TRUST ME THIS WORKS for Windows 7 x64 NVIDIA GeForce 7150M Drivers for HP Pavilion dv6915nr Entertainment Notebook PC.

Thanks! and I hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

Is there a similar fix for GeFore 9100 WWMv1.1?  I have a 64 bit (HP p6142p desktop) and the conversion to W7 will not complete because of this driver.  I can start in Safe Mode, uninstall the driver, restart and the same driver loads up...upon restarting for the new driver, the screen goes blank...I get Windows 7 backgorund and no icons!.

Any suggestions for sovling this problem?  I have searched the web, talked to HP (who says they haven't seen this problem before....questionable reasponse since the threads are full of issues with the NVidia Drviers).

Thaks for any suggestions.....

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@adsandiego 

the nvidia link is updated..

here is the latest link to download it..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_179.48_beta.html

cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

WHEN in the process should this update be installed?  My problem SEEMS to be a little different and is related to the GF 9100 Driver.  When I upgrade, the W7 works fine until it automatically goes to check for updated drivers..that's when it installs the faulty GF 9100.  HP has sent me new upgrade disks but I am reluctant to try them until I KNOW there is a fix...I have uninstalled and re-installed Vista 3 times when W7 failed.

So, again, when do you suggest this patch be inserted? AND, is it likely to work as a replacement for the 9100?

Thanks,

JackBMc

HP Recommended

here is the right link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_179.48_beta.html. It's beta now, i think that will be release soon.

HP Recommended

You are correct to an extent.  It does work ok, however, if you do streaming it has a problem. 

HP Recommended

on my pc

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.