Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sirs:

I have been playing with driver issues for HP dv series for several weeks. I have swapped with a user an HP dv6000 series for an HP dv9000 series.  Both have the AMD Turion and the nForce chipset for hardware support.

The first blatant issue: Since HP ( unofficially ) supports W7 on the dv6000 series, why not support OFFICIALLY both the dv6000 and dv9000 series? These laptops use the same chipsets!

I have downloaded ALL the nForce chipset drivers. I am attempting to make a matrix of what drivers WORK PROPERLY for the dv6000 and dv9000 series I have in my possesion after I rework the BGA video problems HP and nVidia caused. Bad PR move, people!

Problems encountered using your " fix " : Ethernet port, DVD burner and coprocessor  NOT WORKING.

A partial fix: dv6000 series nForce drivers worked to fix the DVD burner not being seen on the dv9000.

I might have more solutions when I fill out the matrix.

( this msg is being written from the dv9000 running Windows 7. None of the drivers support the coprossesor and that along with the poor heatsink design makes a cooling pad a must )

P.S. ALL drivers from Vista give you the " unsupported driver " message and terminate. HP engineers COULD fix this problem, but choose not to. The nVidia site says " go back to your computer support site ".

I don't like driver Catch-22.  Especially from the HP-TITES....

HP Recommended

how to download driver windows 7 for hp pavilion dv6000 link my mail

HP Recommended

I am looking to load the same drivers. Hp says it doesnt support and nvidia says to go back to the manufacturer.

Does anyone have or know where to download this driver for Windows 7?

HP Recommended

computer says no speakers or headphones installed

HP Recommended

need for win 7 64bit

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue. Coprocessor drivers can't be located, ethernet port does not work, speakers are not detected. I have a HP pavilion dv9500, I installed Win 7 64-bit after my orginal HD crashed, it worked for 7 months flawlessly, then these issues arose over the past week. I have no idea what to do.

HP Recommended

So, aeb1...

Any news or updates? Did you make any progress?

I have also been strugling with a dv6000 with all the same issues for almost a month now.

HP Recommended

@adsandiego wrote:

Hello

I have a Pavilion dv6700 currently equipped with the 

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card

I am testing the official Windows 7 release, but the Nvidia driver is not compatible.

Where can I get a hold of a windows-7 compatible driver?

Nvidia site said I must contact HP, but can't find a win7 version anywhere on the HP site

is it hidden somewhere or about to be released?

thanks

HP Recommended

nvidia geforce

HP Recommended

On NVIDIA website, you might like it.  And please thanks......

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.