Older HP printers and Windows 7 (1918 Views)
Intern
randallintacoma
Message 1 of 3 (1,918 Views)

Older HP printers and Windows 7

Looking for some information here....My favorite HP printer ever- the C7180 all in one- has been with me from XP through Vista and I would like to have it if I migrate to Windows 7 as well. It took HP months to develop the drivers for the 7180 after Vista's release. But the 7180 wasn't a current model when Vista was released so I am grateful that they did it at all. I think I've read that 7 and Vista use the same driver model. Is that true? Does that mean my 7180 will continue to work under 7 as it does now under Vista?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 3 (1,913 Views)

Re: Older HP printers and Windows 7

Not sure if the Vista drivers will work with 7. I'm sure MS will make some change just for the sake of changing! Though strangely, of the Vista driver and software installation file is run under WIndows 7 using Vista Compatibility Mode, then it has installed fine. But this is only for the beta version of 7. Not sure if that'll be possible in the stable version of 7. Frankly, it's very early to comment on it. But you'll always have the reliable Deskjet 990c printer driver for printing needs!
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 3 (1,874 Views)

Re: Older HP printers and Windows 7

The Microsoft Update web page has a number of driver entries for the Photosmart C7100 series in Windows 7 so I would presume that the printer will be supported.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation