Re: C7280 Duplex Printing (10481 Views)
Top Student
ToniE
Message 1 of 26 (10,481 Views)
Accepted Solution

Re: C7280 Duplex Printing

Hi Ho Hum,

HP again, may-be this time with their great Buddy in war Mircosoft.... Installed windows 7 prof (32bit) and then installed the c7280 as a network printer (like one does that in Microsoft).... BIGGG SURPRISE... printer found, workx.  EXCEPT: to make sure that as of Windows 7 and further nobody can complain about pop-ups which say that you can't duplex and if you say print anyway it works, this driver has just taken "automatic" out of the selections of duplexing!!! Only none, manual and left/right sidedbrochure are left....one little blip:  if you switch in the HP Printer propoerties from one property profile to the next and then quickly go on duplexing, you are just able to see "automatic" disappear...

Oh yes, does the 7280 have a feed to put the pile of paper in, so you do a manual duplex ?  Not without taking all the paper out....

Then, HP outrightly LIES on their webpage.... go here:  Windows 7 compatibility page for HP stuff

and you will find a matrix, saying C7280 has driver included in windows 7 ( as indeed "some sort" of a driver is there)  and you can download it from HP (both green checkmarked)..The HP page (follow link at bottom of page) DOES NOT show a Windows 7 selection......

Why the heck are we actually still spending our dear money on HP?  Wouldn't the whole IT industry be better of if they just went out of business? Just stop buying theri ink and it will happen....

:manmad:

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 26 (10,469 Views)

HP hasn't lied to you about anything. But maybe you missed reading something in that link you provided, which answers why the software downloads page does not show a Windows 7 selection. Let me highlight it for you.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 26 (10,450 Views)

[ Edited ]

ToniE wrote:

HP again, may-be this time with their great Buddy in war Mircosoft.... Installed windows 7 prof (32bit) and then installed the c7280 as a network printer (like one does that in Microsoft).... BIGGG SURPRISE... printer found, workx.  EXCEPT: to make sure that as of Windows 7 and further nobody can complain about pop-ups which say that you can't duplex and if you say print anyway it works, this driver has just taken "automatic" out of the selections of duplexing!!!

A simple solution:  go to the printers folder, right click on the C7280, Printer Properties, Device Settings and set the duplex unit to "installed", OK.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
ToniE
Message 4 of 26 (10,358 Views)

"

HP hasn't lied to you about anything. But maybe you missed reading something in that link you provided, which answers why the software downloads page does not show a Windows 7 selection. Let me highlight it for you. "

What about setting checkmarks on pages like that when the printer driver is actually available?  :smileytongue:

In fact, Bob's help with pointing to printer properties and setting duplex-tray installed checkmark was way more helpful.

Cheers. - ToniE

Honor Student
raythefire
Message 5 of 26 (10,011 Views)

Windows 7. Using Version PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140 downloaded from HP Website the following keystrokes will activate the Duplex Unit which is not Auto Installed. Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Double click on the printer Icon > Customize your Printer > Select HP Photo Smart 7200 Series if is says Fax then down arrow key to choose series click OK > Click Device Settings > Installation options will say Duplex not Installed > Click down arrow key choose installed > Click apply. Regards Ray
Top Student
stalky
Message 6 of 26 (9,800 Views)

Surely win 7, with all its smarts, could inquire of one of the most popular printer models what its installed options are.
Honor Student
gfgorecki
Message 7 of 26 (8,939 Views)

Thanks for all of the replys I have received so far but NONE of this works so far.  Yes the printer wasn't set to "Duplex" and I changed that.  Please remember that I'm only a "weekend" warrior at this stuff and I WILL STAY POSITIVE about everything but I spent good money for this C7280 when I purchased it and it worked great with my Windows XP, now I have UPGRADED to a new computer with Windows & (64 bit) and it just won't work.

I downloaded (updated) all of my drivers with AccessDownload that I purchased separately, doubled checked all of the printer settings as mentioned and confirmed everything was checked properly, I COLD booted my system with my printer turned both on and off during the two boot tried and still NOTHING is working.

I finally contacted with a live chat to Hp and after about ahalf hour of trying just about everything with downloading their 22 minute download each time, the printer still didn't respond to duplex mode.  This feature is a huge part of my printing format(s) and is a main reason for purchasing it back when.  This was also a question to the sales people at Best Buy before buying my new ASUS G72gx laptop because I travel and need a laptop. 

Please.........any idea's??...................Respectfully...............Jerry Gorecki

Honor Student
gfgorecki
Message 8 of 26 (8,932 Views)

Is there anybody out there in the REAL USER WORLD that is using the HP C7280 All-In-One that ACTUALLY prints automatic duplex printing.  This is a major issue for me with the time I have for printing.  I had Windows XP and everything worked great, switched to Windows 7, 64-bit and it doesn't automatically print duplex automatically.  Manually yes with the three panels but not automatically.  All of the screens for drivers, printers, etc. etc. state two sided, duplex installed, etc.

Hp has told me for two straight days now that the drivers for this printer ARE NOT available yet regardless of what the screens show.  I've downloaded for two days now and spent enough time getting discouraged, just a shame that the marketing people that sell computers and printers tell you what you want to know but in the real world it just doesn't work.  I wouldn't have upgraded yet if I would've know that to a new computer and operating system.................Jerry Gorecki

Honor Student
gfgorecki
Message 9 of 26 (8,889 Views)

Rich - This is my last day working on this until I see an update on the Hp page(s) for updating.  Regardless of what the printer setup(s) show for automatic duplexing and the rest of the screens along with that, automatic duplexing driver(s) ARE NOT available!  They are currently being tested by Hp powers-to-be, confirmed with and by the chat techs today - again.  Such a nice printer and can't use it for automatic duplexing.  I wanted somebody out there to respond that has a C7280 with windows 7 64 bit but nobody responded.  Hp has confirmed for the second time of this issue and just look for the update(s) on their system.

Honor Student
mike142sl
Message 10 of 26 (8,116 Views)

Bob Headrick's reply above solved this for me with my C7280. I've been printing automatic duplex for some time and found it not working a couple of weeks ago, now it's back and working. Thanks Bob.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation