Question

Top Student
kevin440
Message 1 of 53 (212,667 Views)
Accepted Solution

Validity Sensor finger print reader and windows 7

I just recently installed windows 7 enterprise 64bit on my dv4t-1300cto. Everything is brilliant except for the fingerprint reader which does not work. It shows up in device manager as being installed correctly, but digital persona and windows say its not connected. I've tried a few reinstalls of software and drivers but to no avail. And when I look for software, the results are pretty sparse. HP tries to convince me that im using a beta software and support will show up soon, but this is not a beta copy of anything. Has anyone done what ive done and sorted it out?

the reader model is Vfs201.

Thanks all. 

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 53 (212,603 Views)

Re: Validity Sensor finger print reader and windows 7

Hi,

New version of driver for Win7 released by HP:

Validity Fingerprint Sensor here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
dynagix
Message 3 of 53 (211,983 Views)

Kevin, Thank you for creating this post.

Daniel, Thank you for posting the solution,

This was the only thing I had left after the OS switch that was not working.

Student
FabioSato
Message 4 of 53 (210,818 Views)

Hello,

This driver does not work on W7 Home Premium. I tried to install, but nothing happen. The device was installed, but the Windows does not recognize the software from Validity...

What can i do?

Thanks to all...

FS.

egy Student
Student
egy
Message 5 of 53 (209,754 Views)

Thank u ... this problem appear with me too ...and solved thank u and please HP support Assi. add this programme as update for new user who can't search for it... just be helpful plz

Student
hutch1
Message 6 of 53 (208,743 Views)

Thank you so much for this info. I have been looking everywhere for this fix. keep up the great work.

Honor Student
goosa
Message 7 of 53 (208,683 Views)

THANKS SO MUCH!!! FINALLY I HAVE MY SENSOR BACK! :robotsurprised: WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Tutor
Unix
Message 8 of 53 (208,435 Views)

I've tried some of the links to Windows 7 fingerprint reader drivers and they're all "broken." I've got a Compaq nc6400. Does anyone know which driver I need and where it can be found

Regards

John

Student
rayk33
Message 9 of 53 (207,338 Views)

thanks so much, i bought a hp hdx and it came with vista but i upgraded it to windows 7 home premium and the finger print reader has started working again

Student
tnaous
Message 10 of 53 (206,854 Views)

Hi, Thanx a lot for the valuable link. I have a dv 3550ee that I upgraded from vista to windows 7 and the system did not detect the finger print. I installed the sp 45050.exe driver & the problem is solved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation