Question

Honor Student
gunrunnerjohn
Message 1 of 8 (8,792 Views)

Windows 7 64-bit with C7280

Has anyone got the scanner function to work properly with Windows 7 64-bit?  I have a 64 bit installation and a 32 bit installation.  The 32 bit worked perfectly, and I notice I got the option to use WIA or TWAIN interface.  The 64 bit installation only offers TWAIN, and there's a problem.

When I scan from the document feeder, everything seems fine.  However, if I try to scan from the scanner glass, it complains that documents were removed from the scanner and refuses to let me continue.

Obviously, it's desirable to scan from the glass with stuff that doesn't fit into the feeder. :smileyindifferent:

Anyone got a "silver bullet" that will help here?

Top Student
Towle
Message 2 of 8 (8,574 Views)

Re: Windows 7 64-bit with C7280

I have been unable to get Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 extended to scan in Windows 7 with this printer

Did you manage to fix your problem ? 

Adobe does not recognise the scanner in Windows 7 , in fact I cannot scan to my computer (network connection) 

Honor Student
gunrunnerjohn
Message 3 of 8 (8,567 Views)

Actually, though it's still a bit flaky, I did manage to get it working with Vista drivers.  I uninstalled everything, even scrubbing the registry for printer related references.  Then I ran the install in Vista-SP1 (NOT SP2) compatibility and it worked.

It still seems to lose contact with the printer at times, and I have to power down the printer and reboot the machine to get it working again.

Top Student
Towle
Message 4 of 8 (8,529 Views)

I installed the full driver version from HP website (195mb)  , I did W7 compatiblity mode XP SP2  and it installed just fine. 
Student
debjordan22
Message 5 of 8 (6,903 Views)

I have a similar problem--I set up a computer with Windows 7 upgrade (from vista) 32-bit and the c7280 functions all work except the scanning function from the control panel. The message I get is 'scan options not available'. I checked the firewall and did manage to scan from the computer, but the scanner does not recognize any computer. I am using a wireless connection. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Intern
rhondahendricks
Message 6 of 8 (6,534 Views)

it does not matter if it is upgraded from vista or installed on win 7 64 bit. this scanner does not work with win 7. I have tried all the fixes and it will not work. Currently i have nothing hp in my computer and the scanner works from the scan button on the front of the printer. I am now trying to find out how to  save a scan to my computer without hp defective software. right now i am refusing to use hp software on my brand new hard drive. also the scan function does not work in any of 4 programs  that I have tried other than the hp stuff. We are all beating our heads against a brick wall and having hundreds of files needlessly left on our computers.

Honor Student
kbexraf
Message 7 of 8 (6,292 Views)

My C7280 AIO has been plagued with a problem when trying to SCAN PIC to E Mail, keeps on saying that I need e mail software.But it scans documents to e mail ok - so what software is needed ?

Have spent afternoon trying to add my C7280 to my brand new HP laptop, The CD that came with the AIO is not compatible with Window 7 so I downloaded the full software from HP but some things work and others don't

What is wrong with the compatibility of the C7280 with Winddoes 7 ?

Student
reedsturtevant
Message 8 of 8 (5,616 Views)

I had the same problem - could not scan from the C7280 front panel to my computer - and finally fixed it by changing my WIndows Firewall settings in the Control Panel. I used Advanced Settings and under Inbound Rules I added added a New Rule.  On the Scope tab look for the Remote IP address and add the address of the printer (you can get this by printing a network settings page from the Setup menu on the printer).  Kind of complicated but now it works fine for me on Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation