HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-21-2009 09:26 AM
We use 2 Deskjet 6540's @ my office. I have the windows 7 RC, and cannot get it to load drivers for the printers. I download the vista driver, and it says This driver is not for windows 7.and does not give me a "so what" option.
any help would be appreciated.
07-21-2009 11:11 AM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
09-16-2009 09:06 PM
09-16-2011 03:15 PM
As of today Sept 16, 2011 the printer drivers from windows 7 work. It still requires some effort.
1) let the printer install (if it is already and the following steps do not work remove the device and let it reinstall)
2) right click on the printer in "Devices and Printers"
3) select "Printer Properties"
4) go to the "Device Setting" tab in the top row in the middle
5) under "installable options" click after the duplexer options and select "installed" from the drop down menu
6) click "OK"
I take no responsibility it this does not work for you, it work for me on Window 7 SP1