HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-16-2012 09:54 AM
WEIRD LAPTOP HP Pavilion Dm1-4000AU - HP TrueVision HD......
I have also had that webcam problem. Before was able to do skype & youcam but suddenly webcam not detected in skype and cyberlink error message : Youcam CANNOT CONNECT TO THIS VIDEO DEVICE....
Tried many suggestions :
1. Hard reset - failed
2. Re-installation - failed
3. Uninstall and reinstall - failed
4. Update BIOS, update youcam, update driver from windows update (which said ALREADY UPDATED) - all failed
5. Registry hack using DWORD value of KS and UvcFlags - failed
6. CC Cleaner for clean uninstall n registry of YouCam and Skype - failed
7. FINALLY, last resort : buying a new USB Webcam for Rp 160000 (US$17) ---> and know what, after plugging and auto-install the driver new webcam, suddenly the laptop webcam works like charm
This also happened with my integrated keyboard and mouse which sometimes freeze and locked, can only be unlocked with pressing POWER BUTTON (become standby) or PLUGGING external USB mouse.
Hope this help....