Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.....over a year old and your posting is still helping people. I have been trying to get my HP1012 printer to work with my new computer and goggled my question.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello,

just found this thread while searching how to get installed my HP-1000 under Windows 7 (64-bit). Does such trick, like install a HP1012 as HP1015 also work for the HP1000????

Or is there allready another fix out somewhere in the www??? I can't fund anything else, but this thread here sounds good and mybe also can help me

ciao

HP Recommended

HI, HOW DO I? SHARING THE 1012 HPLASERJET PRINTER OF WINDOWS 7 (64bits) to another PC with XP 32 BITS?

HP Recommended

I'm also looking for a solution for my X 32 version?  Any Help?

HP Recommended

ty this worked for my computer as well!  love my 1012 🙂

HP Recommended

It works fine. :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem.  I understand you solved your problem with lj1012 printer not printing anymore. Can you please give me the solution? I have windows 7 home premium with 64 bit operating system and with HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver for my HP laserjet 1012. It works for a while but now getting error message "unsupported personality : PCL".

you can email me at {Personal Information Removed}

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

HP Recommended

Thanks to those who have given us the solution to this most difficult problem.  I am utterly amazed that HP does not make this information available on their printer driver website.  Do they have moderators who read and respond to these forums? 

This thread is over ten pages long and goes back into 2009.  Shows just how many HP LaserJet 1012 users there are out there who were (are) disgusted with HP for not providing the solution to this problem.  Sure would have made life easier for lots of people!!

This HP LaserJet 1012 is one of the best printers I've ever used.  I've had it on line for many years and it just keeps on going!  I was going to to buy a new printer today as after upgrading from Win XP to Windows 7 32-bit Professional, I must have a reliable laser printer.

It took several iterations using the excellent information posted several places in this forum, but then it worked.  Since I have a 32-bit version of windows 7, I had to be sure I downloaded the 32-bit version of the Vista driver.  Look for the link above.  When I got to the last step I had the choice of hp LaserJet 1012 HB, 1010 HP or 1015 HB.  Someone said above that it doesn't matter which you choose as they are all the same driver.  the 1012 HB worked for me and it is the right name (not sure what the HB means, but don't really care).

When it is time to replace this printer.  I probably won't buy another HP.  I recently bought a Samsung ML-2525W and put it on my wife's computer.  It comes with both wired and wireless networking,, as well as a USB 2.0 Interface.  It works without a hitch.  It seems to be better quality than the newer inexpensive HP laser printers and about the same price.  It came right up under Windows 7 without any problems.  I have it networked to this computer, but since I'm a floor above her office, I only used it until I could get this HP LaserJet 1012 working.  I almost bought another one this morning!

Thanks again to those who posted the solution.  It does work! 

:generic: 

HP Recommended

Here is the link to HP for the 32-bit Vista Driver (Quoting from Post #37 from over a year ago):

To install the printer on the desktop, I connected it via USB and used these drivers to install it manually when prompted:

lj1010serieshb-vista32.zip

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S​oftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=1...

Also look at Post #24 and Post #35.  They are helpful.  This same solution is repeated several times through the nearly 100 posts here.

I used this driver and it worked for me on my 32-bit Windows 7 Professional (updated to SP 2).

Good luck.  It does work!

HP Recommended

Worked thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.