Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you! That worked!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot buddy.....you're awesome!

HP Recommended

I have a new Windows 7 laptop.  I too had problems getting my 1012 laserjet to work.  Your workaround using the 3055 PCL5 Windows driver works perfectly!!!

Thanks.  You saved me buying a new printer....

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!!!!  I REALLY LOVE MY LASER JET 1012 AND I HAD SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS TRYING TO TRICK WINDOWS 7 INTO RECOGNIZING IT AS A PRINTER TO NO AVAIL.... UNTIL I READ YOUR ENTRY. THANK YOU YOUR SOLUTION IS BY FAR THE SIMPLIST AND LIKE YOU SAID "WORKS LIKE A CHARM" I WANT TO SEND YOU FLOWERS!!!

HP Recommended

Thank you.  After buying another  printer, taking it back, missing my HP1012 the advice I got from this website was worth a million Geek Squads.  Call it a 3055--does not matter.

HP Recommended

hello.. now i can install the printer using the metoh of the 3055 way...

now im trying to do it over network cuz the printer is installed in a windows server 2003 and i cant get the driver of 2055.. where can i find it?

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM.  EXCELLENT JOB.  I WISH THIS POSTING COULD GO TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE SO THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS TO GO THROUGH THE RUN AROUND TO GET THEIR HP 1012 PRINTER TO WORK.

AGAIN, GREAT JOB!!!!

HP Recommended

Thank you!! You're right. Works like a charm.

HP Recommended

Wa Hoooo!!!!!!!  You saved me the frustration of living with my current workaround (print to pdf on my network) or buying a new printer when mine is FINE.

Thank you so much.  Simple, complete FIX!!

HP Recommended

I tried the LJ1012 driver workaround with the LJ 3055 driver, and it worked for a few days.  Now when I try to print, all I get is an error message, "Unsupported Personality: PCL," on an otherwise blank page.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the 3055 driver and got the same error.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.