Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ask the drivers to install my HP LaserJet 1010 printer on a PC with Windows 7

HP Recommended

Please disregard my previous post.  The Universal drivers only worked for a few weeks and then I started getting "Unsupported Personality: PCL" printouts with every print attempt for some reason.

I just went back and followed the directions from someguy222 and manually added the 32-bit drivers on a 32-bit XP client using the lj1010serieshb-vista32.zip drivers.  So far it seems to be working...

HP Recommended

To: sk2play

Wow!!!! You seriously are the best!!!! now i finally got it to work with my laptop (Windows 7).

Thank again

HP Recommended

You guys are all better than me ..how do I find the inf file ..I downloaded the driver and unzipped

HP Recommended

Perfect guys this works. Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

SK2

I'm trying to apply your fix for the 1012 on my Windows 7 Ultimate OS.  My Device Manager does not list "IEEE1284.4 Devices" so I cannot proceed.  Have you any thoughts?

Ray

HP Recommended

It helped tremendously. Your suggestion worked the first time and I am very grateful to you!!!!!

HP Recommended

It's under DOT4 IEEE1284

HP Recommended

You Are The Man (or woman).  I wouldn't have thought of it, and it worked perfect.

HP Recommended

Dude - I know this post is way out from original date but you are the man!!  Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.