HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-24-2011 08:47 PM
I had the same problem before 5 days ago, i reinstalled my HP 1400 to my laptop and it almost gave me 3 days of hardships, but i did not surrender. What i did was that i updated my Windows 7 Starter to Service Pack 1 and then re-instaledl my HP driver series and there it goes, my printer is now working together with its wonderful scanner. I hope this will solve your problem as well.
09-16-2011 06:31 AM
The right solution is that...
SWITCH ON THE PRINTER
go to DEVICES AND PRINTERS
add a LOCAL PRINTER
select VIRTUAL PRINTER PORT FOR USB
(This will take several minutes ...MINIMUM 15-20 MINUTES...)
at last windows install drivers
11-28-2011 01:47 PM
Pardon me for reviving the thread, but I'm having difficulties getting my HP PSC 1410v installed on my new computer.
I just picked up an HP Pavlion P2-1033 (w/ Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit) & I've been trying to get it installed for the past few days without success.
Here's the key details I have so far...
1) This computer is OFFLINE at the moment. -- So don't tell me to do a "System Update", "Windows Update", ect. at this time. It's going to be a pain to get that computer online, so it's the option of last resort here.
2) I can transport files to the computer. -- I can download them from a different computer (like a public connection) & get them to that computer.
3) I have already tried the installer that's on the HP website for this printer. -- It fails on the last step, which still renders the PSC 1410 useless. Windows acknowledges the printer, but will not allow me to use it (as it has that Yellow Warning sign that denotes problems).
I'll look into getting the error log that it pumps out, if that would improve assistance here.
If there's any options available to help me out (apart from open-case surgery or giving up on this sytem & installing the PSC 1410v on a different computer), it would be appreciated.
01-02-2012 06:35 AM
The problem lies both with HP and MS (as usual).
1. HP didn't provide a driver for PSC 1400 series in their windows 7 package that's available on their download site.
2. Microsoft didn't provide the driver the PSC 1400 series in their Windows 7 either.
The only way to actually getting the driver downloaded is to make sure you enable the automatic driver search to go online when searching for drivers.
How to achieve this ?
1.Make sure you remove any installed HP drivers from your windows 7 (programs=> remove)
3.Plug in your PSC printer/multi device AND DURING THE INSTALLATION THE ICON ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM CORNER TELLS 'INSTALLING DEVICES' . CLICK ON THIS TO VIEW ALL THE OPTIONS. THERE'S INSIDE AN OPTION TO SEARCH FOR DRIVERS ONLINE. ENABLE THIS !!!!
4.Download the psc 1400 series driver from HP website (this contains the needed bloathware ,not the actual driver for the printer)
5.Run the installation as administrator
In order to assure a smooth installation,disable all firewall and antivirus software. Those can be annoying too.
Again ,thank you HP and Microsoft. You're assuring me work for lifetime (I'm already giving support since windows 3 ,and nothing fundamental really changed).