Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I finally got it working, installing a fresh windows 7 64b and going through the steps provided by this Microsoft guy a few posts above this one.Here's what I did:

I installed a fresh win 7 64, kept the printer offline and just followed the steps, so add printer, update, *wait* and add psc 1400 for the standard printer.

Except for windows update, which won't update the psc 1410 after these steps, I can finally say that windows 7 is a little bit less bitchy. 🙂

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just like many others have reported, my 1410 PSC is also not able to PRINT. Scan and Copy are working fine though. I dwlded the latest HP Driver for Win 7 (64-bit). I tried a whole lot of install / uninstall cycles but the problem persists. Its just the Print Part tht doesn't work. Pls help if you can....i've tried almost everything listed on the forum...even the Win 7 Driver database. 

HP Recommended

Hi, everybody.

The problem is only for 32 bit.

Please HP, we need a solution or must use the printer in a virtual win XP machine ?

HP Recommended

"Make sure your printer is on and connected to the computer when doing this.

-Open windows update

-Check for updates

-View optional updates

- There will be a small update for the psc 1410 series, install that and all functionality will be built in to the windows printer center"

Thanks a lot - It worked absolutely well and saved lots of hassles!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
Ok, the above process should work fine when istalling on the computer which has got the printer directly attached. I can print on that machine, but now, I'm trying to print over my home network from another computer, but can't even install the printer software. If I add the printer and try to connect to the shared printer on the other machine, Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition) says it can't find a suitable driver. I've downloaded the latest software package from the support site, but installation fails over and over. I can't try the Windows Update trick unless I move the printer from one machine to the other, which I'm not in the mood to do, so, is there any other solution I might try? Thanks.
HP Recommended

I don't see the psc 1410,  I have windows7 on my new pavilion dv7

thanks, in advance

janet

HP Recommended

I don't know if you are still having the problem with your psc 1410 but this might help if you are.  I had to troubleshoot the same thing on my dad's computer.  He is running 64-bit W7 and could not get the OS to recognize the driver.  Try turning off Windows Defender or whatever AV software you are running.  After I turned Defender off the installation completed with no problems and it now prints!!

HP Recommended

bana win 7 de kulanabileceğim hp1410 yazıcı proğramı lazım ilgilenirseniz sevinirim saygılar

HP Recommended

its working ..

u solved it

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.