Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can the driver update be downloaded seperately without having the printer connected?  I do not have an internet connection at home right now.

HP Recommended

:OpenSmile: 

I had the same problem before 5 days ago, i reinstalled my HP 1400 to my laptop and it almost gave me 3 days of hardships, but i did not surrender. What i did was that i updated my Windows 7 Starter to Service Pack 1 and then re-instaledl my HP driver series and there it goes, my printer is now working together with its wonderful scanner. I hope this will solve your problem as well. 

Toodles!

HP Recommended

Driver instalacion

HP Recommended

well done!

This is the right solution given by you. 

I installed successfully.

Thanks!

Sirapra75

HP Recommended

@MagicFairy wrote:
I'm looking for the new driver for hp psc 1410 with windows 7

HP Recommended

The right solution is that...

SWITCH ON THE PRINTER

go to   DEVICES AND PRINTERS

add     PRINTER

add a LOCAL PRINTER

select VIRTUAL PRINTER PORT FOR USB

WINDOWS UPDATE

(This will take several minutes ...MINIMUM 15-20 MINUTES...)

at last windows install drivers

--YSR Prasad

HP Recommended
Thanks for the info. Guyzzzz
From Altamas
HP Recommended

Pardon me for reviving the thread, but I'm having difficulties getting my HP PSC 1410v installed on my new computer.

I just picked up an HP Pavlion P2-1033 (w/ Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit) & I've been trying to get it installed for the past few days without success.

Here's the key details I have so far...

1) This computer is OFFLINE at the moment. -- So don't tell me to do a "System Update", "Windows Update", ect. at this time.  It's going to be a pain to get that computer online, so it's the option of last resort here.

2) I can transport files to the computer. -- I can download them from a different computer (like a public connection) & get them to that computer.

3) I have already tried the installer that's on the HP website for this printer. -- It fails on the last step, which still renders the PSC 1410 useless.  Windows acknowledges the printer, but will not allow me to use it (as it has that Yellow Warning sign that denotes problems).

I'll look into getting the error log that it pumps out, if that would improve assistance here.

If there's any options available to help me out (apart from open-case surgery or giving up on this sytem & installing the PSC 1410v on a different computer), it would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

please where are some drivers on Windows 7 (32bit) i need it 😕

HP Recommended

Got it :generic:

The problem lies both with HP and MS (as usual).

1. HP didn't provide a driver for PSC 1400 series in their windows 7 package that's available on their download site.

2. Microsoft didn't provide the driver the PSC 1400 series in their Windows 7 either.

The only way to actually getting the driver downloaded is to make sure you enable the automatic driver search to go online when searching for drivers.

How to achieve this ?

1.Make sure you remove any installed HP drivers from your windows 7 (programs=> remove)

2.Reboot pc

3.Plug in your PSC printer/multi device AND DURING THE INSTALLATION THE ICON ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM CORNER TELLS 'INSTALLING DEVICES' . CLICK ON THIS TO VIEW ALL THE OPTIONS. THERE'S INSIDE AN OPTION TO SEARCH FOR DRIVERS ONLINE. ENABLE THIS !!!!

4.Download the psc 1400 series driver from HP website (this contains the needed bloathware ,not the actual driver for the printer)

5.Run the installation as administrator

In order to assure a smooth installation,disable all firewall and antivirus software. Those can be annoying too.

Again ,thank you HP and Microsoft. You're assuring me work for lifetime (I'm already giving support since windows 3 ,and nothing fundamental really changed).

K.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.