07-26-2009 04:51 AM
I just bought a deskjet f4280. after i inserted the DVD enclosed and tried to download and to install, the screen said it isn't compatible.
I got on the www.hp.com/go/windows7 but still did not find the correct driver software.
Where can I find this driver software? please!
07-29-2009 01:41 PM
- Insert the setup disk in your CD/DVD drive. Choose to view the files in Explorer. Scroll down to the file "Setup," which is identified as an application.
- Right-click the file and select "Properties." Click the "Compatibility" tab at the top of the resulting window.
- Check off "Run this program in compatability mode for:" and choose "Windows Vista" from the pop-up menu.
- ALSO check "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom of the window.
- Press "Apply," then "OK."
Now you can double-click the "Setup" file and run the software installer.
CREDITS goes to Down8ve for the solution.