Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Try the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver here

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

thanks works  like a charm

HP Recommended
You're welcome. 🙂
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hey, I've been trying to fix mine for months. My laptop is the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV6700 and the coprocessor wasn't working.  This fixed it.  All is good   Thanks so much for the insight.

HP Recommended

Hello, I've done everything that is said, I used dv6710ep, that is the name that is in the pc and the software that I found is Nvidia. But my computer has AMD. Can you please help me or give me more information?

By the way, I don't know what happened but I was trying to burn a dvd right now with dvd maker and it says: DVD burner was not found. Make sure a DVD burner is connected and installed, and then try again. Somenone have sugestions? I don't know where to ask this. =s

Thank you

HP Recommended

hi thes my acaunt in hp wibsaid

HP Recommended

Hi,
Correct driver for coprocessor every user of HP Pav dv6x00 family may find in the link below:

Windows 7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

for the dv 6700 series specialy dv6745us us the hp vista chipset driver it works.

HP Recommended
for long time I tried to give a driver for this missing coprocessor device with no useful

I tried your advice ....

frist it didn't installed the device driver

but I asked the wizard to select the driver manually
and I choose the same folder where YOUR driver was extracted to
it is C:\swsetup\sp37730

then it installed and worked like a charm

THANK YOU SO MUCH

YOU ARE THE BEST.
HP Recommended

You are A W E S O M E. That worked perfect. 'Don't know why HP's Nvidia driver directly from my model's page didn't work, but this one worked 101%. THANKS!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.