Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all.. I know there have been multiple posts about this issue with windows 7 but i'm a noob and need a direct link to where I can download the coprocessor driver for my HP Pav dv6700 entertainment pc. All I can tell you other than the driver is missing is that this runs on a AMD 64 Athlon X2 processor.

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

PS - also I would like to know what it means if I cant upgrade this driver... I can see under Processor that there are two items AMD 64 dual core blah blah that have no issues.. what does this coprocessor do exactly?

Message Edited by Ishish on 10-31-2009 04:44 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go on HP support site for Your model. How to do it informations below:

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product

provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

Download from there chipset drivers for Vista and run it.

If there will be any problems with installation of any file use compability mode. how to do it all informations here.

Reboot Your system and Your problem will be solved.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go on HP support site for Your model. How to do it informations below:

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product

provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

Download from there chipset drivers for Vista and run it.

If there will be any problems with installation of any file use compability mode. how to do it all informations here.

Reboot Your system and Your problem will be solved.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick reply.. however I have already looked on hps site under the model and the only chipset driver is Intel..as this processor is AMD I was unsure if I should download that chipset.. Can you confirm?
HP Recommended

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

HP Recommended
Oops.. told you i was a noob *LOL* I looked at the wrong label on the bottom of the pc.. the actual model was wrong too.. DV6768eo  anyway thanks to you I found the product number, installed the nvidia chipset and the coprocessor error in DM has disappeared. Thanks so much for your patience.:smileyvery-happy:
HP Recommended

P/N # -- GW772AV

Can't find any chipset drivers for my system on HP's site, nor NVIDIA's site.  Have display adapters for NVIDIA GeForce 7150 M, but no drivers for the corresponding nForce 630M chipset.  

Do you have a link?

(Have read your particular responses in HP and Win7 forums extensively.  Thank you!)

HP Recommended

@close18,

Hi,

Install HP Vista chipset driver for Your model to solve problem with coprocessor:

NVIDIA Chipset Driver here (Install this and restart Your system)

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

HP Recommended
Daniel, thanks for the prompt reply.  Went ahead and d/l'ed and installed the chipset drivers, and still have the coprocessor listed under "other devices" with a yellow exclamation mark.  ;
HP Recommended
Reboot Your system.

HP Recommended

Daniel.  I did [to no avail].   😉

Regardless your support is appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.