Question

Tutor
moskowa
Message 1 of 31 (55,177 Views)

need driver for HP Photosmart 1115 printer for windows 7 beta

What driver can I use to get this printer to work?  Can you also provide installation procedure?   Would your recommendation also work for HP Photosmart 1215 printer which I also have?

Thanks

Tutor
Pashman
Message 2 of 31 (55,166 Views)

Re: need driver for HP Photosmart 1115 printer for windows 7 beta

Had the same problem, got it working by using Photosmart 8200 driver.   You have to go to add a printer, select Dot4 USB for the port, and then pick the 8200 driver from the list that Windows 7 ships with.   Once you do, it just works.   My test page printed on the first try.   HP could make this a *lot* easier for everyone, but I guess they are in the business of selling more printers.

Tutor
Enthusiastic
Message 3 of 31 (54,858 Views)

Pashman's solution does not correspond to what I see on my Windows 7 "Add a printer" option.   From the "Devices and Printers" control panel, just under the menu bar, the option "Add a printer" produces a dialog box with 2 additional options: (1) Add a local printer (non-USB), (2) Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.   And there it ends.  

My Photosmart 1115 only shows up as an icon in the "unspecified device" bar and is not recognized by HP's current installer program (3511_enu_w2k_xp_release) for this printer.   Even when using the XP compatibility mode (SP2), the HP installer program will always hang while looking for the printer.   It will always time out after several minutes with a failure to find the printer and ask you to "try again" or restart.

If I right-click on the "unspecified" Photosmart 1115 icon in the control panel, and ask to troubleshoot the device,  the troubleshooting wizard activates for a few seconds and returns the message: "Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support doesn' t have a driver".   It may also direct me to search for a solution, whereupon it comes up with this message:

"Address a problem with your inkjet printer

Your inkjet printer has stopped working properly because a compatible driver isn't available for this version of Windows.

The model name of your inkjet printer is HP Photosmart 1115.

Because this device isn't compatible with this version of Windows, and there are no solutions available for this problem, we recommend that you find another device on the following website:

Click to go online to the Windows 7 Compatibility CenterClick to go online to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center"

If the 8200 driver works, Win 7 so far has not given me the option of using it.

Student
super19
Message 4 of 31 (52,611 Views)

Excellent tip i solved my problem

:smileyhappy:

thank you

Honor Student
cosme017
Message 5 of 31 (52,030 Views)

i can print a test page, but my printer is not able to print. i have downloaded a different driver, but it seems to creat an error.

Honor Student
cosme017
Message 6 of 31 (52,027 Views)

ok, now it doesnt even print a test page. i cant believe no one is ready for  the windows 7 upgrade. this is a joke!

Honor Student
cosme017
Message 7 of 31 (52,022 Views)

I have installed the 970 driver, but im still having problems. I DO NOT WANT TO BE FORCED TO BUY A NEW PRINTER

Student
shylodt
Message 8 of 31 (51,653 Views)

Pashman thanks very much, it works 4 me....have a bless 1

Student
Dean_E
Message 9 of 31 (50,054 Views)

Pashman's idea worked for my HP 1115 on Win 7: "Had the same problem, got it working by using Photosmart 8200 driver.   You have to go to add a printer, select Dot4 USB for the port, and then pick the 8200 driver from the list that Windows 7 ships with.   Once you do, it just works.   My test page printed on the first try.   HP could make this a *lot* easier for everyone, but I guess they are in the business of selling more printers."

Now, I wonder if there is any way to make the old toolbox functional. I use it to check levels of toner and to run routines to clean the print nozzles.

Thanks Pashman.

Honor Student
gypsy29
Message 10 of 31 (49,982 Views)

Pashman - you are the greatest!  i have been working on this problem for weeks and your solution worked like a charm!  You just saved me from having to buy another printer - and I surely do not have the money right now.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation