HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-25-2009 08:32 PM
I did a clean install of windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv8000 just last night, most everything is working fine except one thing, my audio.
I successfuly installed the drivers but in the device manager I get a message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" wherther or not this is a problem with windows 7, I'm not sure, however the problem started when I installed it any suggestions on fixing this would be appreciated
09-24-2009 05:23 PM
After lots of searching, I installed HP SP33443 with Conexant Audio Drivers for my DV8000 and Windows 7. This seems to have been successful, as I now get sound when using it as a notebook, and sound transfered through to the xb2000 Expansion Base when it is docked. These appear to be older drivers for Vista, but it is working in Windows 7.
12-18-2009 09:44 AM
My problem with Win7 drivers on a dv8000 unit with AC97 audio is consistent with what has been aired here (audio, mass storage, modem). The audio was most egregious. I followed a number of solutions over (3) days which eventually led me me to sp35558. But it did not install without tweaking. I followed this advice, and then tweaked it. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-7-Beta-and-te
After that failed, I did this routine:
1) right-click the question marked (unknown audio) device and choose update driver software.
2) Click "Browse my computer for driver software."
3) Choose "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"
4) Page down to and choose "Sound Video and Game controllers"
5) Choose (Click) the "Have Disk" button on that dialogue box.
6) browse to the folder with the CP6308Ba.inf file.
7) Choose the inf from the browser, "open" it and press OK.
It will warn you that the driver is not signed in the process. Just OK it.
It installed the drivers after that as "Conexant AC Link Audio."
I love my audio again.
12-18-2009 08:22 PM
You sir, get a kudos. This worked perfectly for me first try. I think it's worth mentioning that the .inf file you mention is in the sp35558 folder, just as a matter of convenience. Thank you for your help