windows 7 driver for photosmart premium printer (2940 Views)
Tutor
russ1
Message 1 of 8 (2,940 Views)
Accepted Solution

windows 7 driver for photosmart premium printer

I have installed windows 7 on my hdx 16 and I need drivers for the photosmart premium printer 309c. Anyone have any luck getting the two to work together?

Thanks

Russ

Master's Graduate
JonW
Message 2 of 8 (2,924 Views)

Re: windows 7 driver for photosmart premium printer

The current version of the software that is on the web, will work with Windows 7.

The install gives a prompt that you are using windows 7 but it will work and should install.

JonW

I work for HP
Top Student
AB_Consult
Message 3 of 8 (2,828 Views)

So are you sure about that?  I have Windows 7 RTM (Not Beta) and I just bought a Phtosmart Premium (C309A) yesterday.  It shipped with version 12.0.0 driver CD.  When I go to install it, it generates two errors.  The first is that I am not using Vista (but that is a warning only).  With that error it says that the installation may be continued.

The second says that I have to log in as an Administrator, but, of course, I am already logged in as an administrator.

I went to the website and there IS NOT a driver set that you can download.  There is a CD that you can request to be sent for free or you can have it sent Fed Ex for a price.  I am fine with that, but ... it is version 12.0.0, the version I currently have.

One support person told me that the website is lying and that HP does not yet have a compatible driver for Version 7 and that drivers will be posted on the site October 24th that support Windows 7.

Another technician told me that I needed to order the CD from the website and that it would work, however, as I have already said, I have the same version now, 12.0.0.  I was also told that I should download drivers now from the website, but there are no downloadable drivers, just drivers you can order on CD.

So, does anybody know the true answer?  What is the deal with the Photosmart Premium and Windows 7?  I can wait until October 24th, if that will really solve the problem

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 8 (2,811 Views)

[ Edited ]

The latest Vista drivers for this printer on THIS page shows one of the enhancements as supporting Windows 7. So it should install fine. Do notice that this is the v.13 software.

EDIT: Just downloaded the version 13 software, and tried installing it. It seemed to go through fine, though I don't have the printer physically here. Check the screenshot. 

Message Edited by DexterM on 07/10/2009 10:57 AM
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Intern
RotorMarc
Message 5 of 8 (2,774 Views)

I would physically check, refer to my post in the board.
Tutor
russ1
Message 6 of 8 (2,649 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded version 13 and have tried installing/uninstalling several times. This includes deleting the printer from devices and from the device manager. When I attempt to reinstall I usually get a fatal error during "configuring", the final step. I can print to the printer and I can run the photo essentials. The solution center will not work, which is a major piece of software for this printer. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (not beta). This software installs fine on virtual xp but I would prefer to run it from 7.

Thanks

Message Edited by russ1 on 10-14-2009 12:15 PM
Top Student
AB_Consult
Message 7 of 8 (2,646 Views)

It is interesting.  On the Windows 7 page, it has version 12.0.0 for the driver.  On the Windows Vista page, it shows version 13.0.  I was told by tech support that version 13.0 wouldn't work with Windows 7 and that there were problems with 12.0.0.  I was told to wait until after October 24th when a new driver would be posted.

FYI, I downloaded version 13 and it installed perfectly.  It gave a message which said that I was running Windows 7 but that the installation would continue.  The printer and scanner work just fine now.  I am happy as a lark.

It seems there are some communications issues, but thank you for directing me to the right location.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 8 of 8 (2,637 Views)

Wow. That is some serious miscommunication. Glad it worked for you. It worked for me too, though I don't have the actual printer at home. The software did install without any problems.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation