Re: AMD Driver for HP Envy 17t-2100 w/ Windows 8 Pro RTM (691 Views)
Tutor
anarchist9027
Message 1 of 4 (1,441 Views)

AMD Driver for HP Envy 17t-2100 w/ Windows 8 Pro RTM

Hi all, I have an HP Envy 17t-2100 with Integratable AMD graphics (AMD Radeon HD 6830) and Windows 8 Pro RTM from my Dreamspark Premium account. My problem is the drivers for the AMD and Intel graphics. I updated the latest Windows 8 Drivers through Windows Update and after the AMD drivers installed, my computer went nuts. It would litterally not let me get past the login screen; it would let me log in but after that, it would flicker 3 or 4 times and kick me back to the login screen. I have isolated it it to the AMD driver because it was the only thing I installed after I did my clean install. My fan was always on also and it made my laptop overheat severly also (Compaired to having just my onboard Intel graphics on). Any chance HP knows about this issue or if there is a working driver I can get because the RTM does comeout tomorrow.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 4 (789 Views)

Re: AMD Driver for HP Envy 17t-2100 w/ Windows 8 Pro RTM

This particular unit was not tested or designed for Windows 8 by HP.  This means that there may not be any support for Windows 8 via drivers.  Switchable graphics will need to have an HP driver initially installed to have switchable graphics function properly.

The best process I know to accomplisht his task are the steps in this thread.  

The drivers may be dated, but they can be updated once they are installed by using this process.

This may still be an issue for some and I do hope this answer helps in some way.  :smileyhappy:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
anarchist9027
Message 3 of 4 (691 Views)

So is HP going to make drivers for my Laptop?!?! I payed over $1500 for my laptop and it is only 3 years old and it can't run Windows 8 because of this driver issue?!?! What kind of computer company is this. A customer pays top dollar for a premium computer and this is what happens!! Windows 8.1 is right around the corner and there is not even a Windows 8 driver.....

Student
boysailor
Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)

I have installed windows 8 disk is not set up for windows 8
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation