Question

Honor Student
grandaddyal
Message 1 of 2 (1,256 Views)

HP 4620 printer

Currently I have been unable to find a windows 8 driver for the HP 4620 e-all-in-one printer.

The driver disk that came with the printer did not recognize the operating

system and told me to upgrade my operating system to windows 7...    ummmm

The HP forums wizard file I was directed to was able to detect the printer but said it didn't support it.

Since I use Linux I decided to see if it would set up with the tools on my linux box since HP is greatly supported.

It was easy to set up with hplip installed and runnng hp-setup in a terminal window.

So if you want to avoid trouble in this "in between time" with your new HP 4620 and if you are trying to decided

whether you should try out window 8 be sure to install the printer before you upgrade to window 8...

Or have a linux computer handy!!!

adios,

@

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (937 Views)

Re: HP 4620 printer

Hi,

The Windows 8 software for your product should become available in the next days prior the OS release (Oct 26th), it will be listed on the HP site soon...

Please try this link and let me know if that work :smileywink:

http://goo.gl/0Arhm

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation