Question

Honor Student
eliteowner
Message 1 of 6 (1,890 Views)

HP Elitebook 2760p and Windows 8 Support

Hello,

HP has planned to relase complete drivers supporting Windows 8 on th HP 2760p? When?

At present several things works with MS/Intel drivers, or with HP/Win7 drivers, but several doesn't.

Also the SoftPaq Download Manager SUpport will be useful.

Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (1,880 Views)

Re: HP Elitebook 2760p and Windows 8 Support

Hi:

HP has maintained the position that W8 drivers will not be available no earlier than the release date for sale to the public of W8, which is on October 26th.

Paul

Honor Student
eliteowner
Message 3 of 6 (1,874 Views)

Hello,

To me, your reply appear a way to bypass the question.

Anyway, to us, in our academic institution, Windows 8 RTM is available by several weeks. And I think we are "public".

Kind Regards

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (1,860 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello:

I do not work for HP

In my opinion, you are being a "sea lawyer," by arguing semantics.

The public is everybody, not just a few.places that may have access to the final version already.

The official release date for Windows 8 for everybody, is Friday, October 26th.

The drivers will be released when HP releases them, which should be very soon.

Regards

Honor Student
eliteowner
Message 5 of 6 (1,854 Views)

Hello again:

I'm not just arguing about the semantics, even if it is a very important and interesting topic, sometime ignored.

Windows 8 RTM is already available by several weeks (when not months) to many and many people in the world, by programs like Microsoft Academic Alliance, Microsoft Volume Licensing and so on. The fact you cannot buy in a store a plastic box with Windows 8 inside or a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled is not relevant.

I think most of us are concened by the reasons of the delay in releasing support for the new os, after a long Beta and DP period. I think most of us are waiting reliable information and dates about the complete support of this new os.

If you cannot provide this kind of information...

Kind Regards

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 6 (1,850 Views)

[ Edited ]

I cannot provide the specific information you are asking for, and no one on this forum can.

This is a consumer to consumer forum, as is posted on the top of every webpage here.

You are just going to have to be patient like the rest of us.

I am sure that HP is striving to get the drivers released as soon as possible.

I'm sorry, but you just don't seem to grasp the understanding that everybody includes those folks that cannot yet buy Windows 8. 

The ones that cannot buy windows 8 in the plastic box, or by download, until October 26th.  That happens to be most of us!

When everybody has access to windows 8 then according to what I have been led to believe, the drivers will then be available.

See what this says?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/coming-soon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation