Question

Top Student
JCasmier
Message 1 of 4 (640 Views)

HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

This is just a question and I know it has got to be posted many, many time somewhere. I absolutely love the Mini and when I had some issues after my purchase a few months ago, the fantastic support agent even said when the actual Win 8 is released,  it will be so cool on it. Well, one major problem I never caught. While the Mini Desktop portion of Win 8 Consumer preview works great, the HP Mini ability to view Win 8 Metro under Its MAX screen resolution is not possible. Now I know HP does not support the consumer preview as of yet but am I just out of luck by the release date? Will there be some kind of patch or ability for current Mini buyers to use Win 8 Metro when released? I asked this question in a Win 8 forum and the response I got was just that Notebooks are not designed for these kinds of features and are simple in nature. I agree but that is backward having a small device that will not be able to use Windows 8 except on its Desktop and furthermore, something tells me that Minis after 2013 will?  Help....

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 4 (633 Views)

Re: HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

Are you referring to the Windows 8 consumer preview? What model of mini and what is the MAX screen resolution? Metro works on my mini.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
JCasmier
Message 3 of 4 (629 Views)

Re: HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

Mini 210 and only 1024x600. It needs to be by 700.

Top Student
JCasmier
Message 4 of 4 (622 Views)

Anyway, I know there is nothing that can be done about it-its just frustrating knowing that in about 7 months, the upgrade will not mean much to these minis and pretty much a new unit within 12 months of an OS release. I doubt MS will lower the resolution rate but the 600 is right at that line for many programs as well. I never would have thought-I am just stuck and was hoping the 210 would be compatible to an OS that is supposed to be friendly with the smaller devices-now this is ironic.

:smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation