Question

Honor Student
cookiesn
Message 1 of 12 (12,721 Views)

HP printer has stopped working - Laserjet p1006

[ Edited ]

I just installed Windows® 8 Consumer Preview and my HP printer has stopped working. I am using the Laserjet p1006 and I have tried everything, reinstalling the printer, re-downloading drivers etc. but to no avail. Are there new drivers available that work with Windows 8?

Update:

The printer is installed and driver has been picked up by Windows but every time I try and print something, it gives me an error that the document could not be printed.

Any suggestions

Student
jz8000
Message 2 of 12 (12,393 Views)

Re: HP printer has stopped working - Laserjet p1006

I am having the same problem.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Student
rogersy2k
Message 3 of 12 (12,387 Views)

And Im yet one more.I have a hp laserjet P1006 also and I get the same error mesg.....And I just installed Windows 8 also.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 12 (12,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks 

I want to welcome all of you to the community 

Sorry to learn that you are having this issue and hope you are doing well otherwise.

Your  HP Laserjet P1006 is a commercial product. I will suggest posting  and keeping an eye for possible solutions in the forum for HP Business Support as well for yet a better chance at finding a prompt solution.

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Best of luck;
RobertoR 

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Tutor
engsameh
Message 5 of 12 (12,342 Views)

Really Thanks God
i Found solution of this problem Randomly only by praying :smileyhappy:
The solution
Connect The p1005 printer to a pc have windows 7 and print a page with it and get the cable connected to windows 8 after that and go to control panel > hardware and sounds > Device and printer > hp laser jet p1005 Right click > Printer properties > ports > uncheck bidirectional support then press ok and print ,, it works :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Note : after doing the pervious steps if u turned the printer off u will need to connect it to windows 7 pc again and print and connect it to windows 8 it will work without the pervious steps //
it seems like if windows 7 gives it information that is reseted after turn it off
we wish windows 8 to solve this problem nearly
That is the Original post page : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/laserjet-p1005-will-not-print/34...

Professor
RobertoR
Message 6 of 12 (12,341 Views)

Hi there again;

Glad that your issue is solved and thanks for comming back and sharing your solution with us.

Thank and best of luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
sueskahpuser
Message 7 of 12 (12,171 Views)

I would also like to ask if there is a Window 8 generic driver available yet? If yes, I would be willing to test and give feedback.

Here are my experiences with HP P1006 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The OS appeared to add the P1006 laserjet printer, but the printer was lacking basic functionality. For example, I was unable to select the P1006 as the default printer and also it wouldn't print. <smiles>

I was able to get the printer mostly functional  by downloading and installing the Window 7 drivers from HPs driver and support site. By mostly, I mean I could print from WordPad, Notepad, Paint, IE, Firefox, but could not print from certain applications like Windows 8 Reader. Changing the printer settings to monodirectional and uninstalling and reinstalling in compatibility mode also did not help.

I tried going to the forum you recommended RobertoR, but the topics there don't seem to be relevant to Windows 8. When I do a search for "Windows 8"  I get Windows 7  topics even with the advanced search.

It really seems an updated driver will be needed for Windows 8. If there is one and you would like help testing, let me know.

Thanks

Student
ronwin
Message 8 of 12 (8,638 Views)

I have never even had winders 7, but I downloaded the win 7 driver for the HP1006, and made the change unchecking the bidirectional gizmo on the port thingy, and it works like a charm, but it seems like you have to do it again everytime the printer is rebooted.

Student
Exer
Message 9 of 12 (5,301 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey,

i'm using win 8 64 bit and I fixed the problem by installing the win 7 64 bit version of the HP driver which you can download here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=de&cc=de&dlc=de&sw_lang=en&product=34...

hope I could help you

Exer

Student
gohulu
Message 10 of 12 (4,584 Views)

Hi, everyone,

I successfully installed the printer using the windows 7 x64 driver and selecting compatibility mode to windows 7.

I thought i'll let you know since it may work for you too.

gohulu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation