Question

Tutor
andsoitgoes
Message 1 of 7 (16,999 Views)

In need of HP Laserjet P1102w Windows 8 drivers!

Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help with this, I need to do some printing with my computer and since upgrading to Windows 8 the *ONLY* drivers that aren't recognized properly are HP drivers...

I've gotten around the video card issue, but I seriously need help with my printer.  I do a lot of printing for my kids, especially during summer (coloring pages, holy smokes!) but I can't do anything now as there's no way to put in drivers for my printer.

I thought about trying the Windows 7 drivers... but I don't want another BSOD issue caused by the USB ports/messed up driver.

Can anyone help get this figured out, please?

Thanks!

Nick

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (16,997 Views)

Re: In need of HP Laserjet P1102w Windows 8 drivers!

Hi,

This may help:

http://www.eightforums.com/

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
andsoitgoes
Message 3 of 7 (16,994 Views)

I was told to post in the forums regarding the drivers, not that I would get shipped elsewhere...

see this from http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/Printer-Driver-Support-for-Computers-Running-...

Printer driver support for computers running Windows 8 Release Preview

HP is working to help customers have the best experience with HP printers connected to PCs running the final release of Windows 8. The pre-release time is a development period when HP develops and tests printer driver solutions. HP’s current plan is for Windows 8 compatible printers to be available when the new operating system is released to the public. HP is working with Microsoft to include drivers in the Windows 8 operating system for HP printers introduced in recent years.

There may be a variety of sources for a printer driver/solution for your HP printer on a computer running Windows 8 Release Preview.

inOS:

An in-Operating System (inOS) driver is a basic driver that is included within the operating system. You do not need to download or install any software from HP. Windows 8 Relase Preview contains several inOS drivers. If an inOS driver is available for your printer, you will have at least basic print capability with USB and Network and basic scan capability with USB only (if your printer supports scanning).

Windows Update:

There might be a more functional or more up-to-date driver available for your printer through Microsoft Windows Update. If Windows Update is enabled, then the Windows Update process activates automatically when you connect (USB and Network connections) the printer to the computer. It searches online for the most recent print driver on the Windows Update site. If the online driver is more functional than the currently installed driver in Windows 8, the computer downloads and installs this driver.

HP Supplied Printer Driver/Solutions:

Although HP does not formally support any pre-release versions of Windows Operating Systems, including Windows 8 Release Preview, we may supply some full functionality drivers* prior to the official release of Windows 8. These drivers may be supplied as a courtesy to our valued HP customers through this Support Forum, though no formal support will be available otherwise. We welcome feedback within these support forums. Please check back for further updates as the official release of Windows 8 approaches.

* Full feature drivers provide full product functionality, plus valuable software to help you get the most out of your printer.

Tutor
andsoitgoes
Message 4 of 7 (16,983 Views)

Anything?

Please?

Intern
PigVomit
Message 5 of 7 (16,852 Views)

Check my post here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/SOLUTION-Get-Win-7-Printer-Drivers-HP-Solutio...

Installing the Windows 7 drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode may work for you.

Student
dirigofdev
Message 6 of 7 (16,688 Views)

It is 8/25/2012.  I'm using the full release of Windows 8.  I don't see any drivers for the LaserJet P1102w.  What is the status/ETA.  This printer is just over 1 year old purchased from Staples.  I certainly hope that HP is going to support this printer.  HELP.  I cannot print.

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 7 of 7 (16,428 Views)

dirigofdev,

You can find Windows 8 compatibility information for your printer (and driver downloads) right here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c03365145

According to that page, for your model (P1102w), the drivers are already included in Windows 8, and are available via Windows Update. You can also use the existing HP Full solution driver which, in this case, will work in Windows 8.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation