Question

Honor Student
TuffDadSF
Message 1 of 5 (4,740 Views)

Installed Windows 8 and Magic Canvas won't load. How do I reinstall Magic Canvas?

Hello,

Just bought a HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1234 Desktop PC and the HP L2105tm Full HD Multi-Touch Screen LCD Monitor. It came with Windows 7 installed and the Magic Canvas (Smart Touch?) software, etc. 

After getting the Windows 7 stuff set up I upgraded to Windows 8 CP. I did the install that let's me keep my programs and settings. Everything worked pretty much without a hitch.

After Windows 8 installed I tried out the Magic Canvas software and it starts to load but then just goes to a black screen. I let it sit for a while (thinking maybe it had to "figure out" how to load up in Win8) but it remained just a black screen. I had to stop the process with Task Manager.

I figure maybe through the OS change that Magic Canvas needs to be unistalled and re-installed. Where can I find that software? I tried to go to the recovery partion (while running Win8) and it won't show me the contents of the drive. Do I have to make the recovery discs to pull the program from it? Or is there a new beta Windows 8 version of Magic Canvas?

I work in IT so if you want to get technical that fine with me. Thanks a lot!

Honor Student
TuffDadSF
Message 2 of 5 (4,693 Views)

Re: Installed Windows 8 and Magic Canvas won't load. How do I reinstall Magic Canvas?

Did some looking around in the apps and found the Recovery section. I uninstalled Magic Canvas and then re-installed it via the recovery program. It still doesn't work... Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until the Windows 8 version is released.
Student
dandmrobbins
Message 3 of 5 (3,485 Views)

Re: Installed Windows 8 and Magic Canvas won't load. How do I reinstall Magic Canvas?

I just got my computer in Nov and upgrade to the windows 8 and my magic canvas won't work.  When I called HP they tried to say it was a Windows 8 issue and that it works on 8.  (the fineprint on HP website says it WON'T work) yet they advertise getting windows 8 with touchsmart!!  I spent over an hour with tech support from windows and after they messed with computer remotely, found messages that will have to wait til HP comes out with Magic Canvas for windows 8!!! 

Student
MTB159
Message 4 of 5 (2,954 Views)

Still trying to find an answer on how to install Magic Canvas after loading Windows8.

Student
gck105
Message 5 of 5 (2,568 Views)

The HP Upgrade instructions state that Magic Canvas is not compatible with Windows 8.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation