Question

Honor Student
scuberboy
Message 1 of 4 (2,946 Views)

Is my laptop with accept the windows 8 upgrade? HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us Laptop

HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us Entertainment Notebook PC

I purchased my laptop near the cut off date (oct 2011, I purchased mine Nove. 28th 20122) for laptops that have been researched by HP for GOOD upgrade to windows 8.  How do I know if my laptop is one of those that is ready for upgrade to windows 8?

My current Windows 7 is a 64 bit OS.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (2,937 Views)

Re: Is my laptop with accept the windows 8 upgrade? HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us Laptop

Hi, Please read the following article and use a tool to check your machine: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57455768-285/check-your-pc-for-windows-8-readiness-with-upgrade-... Regards.
BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
scuberboy
Message 3 of 4 (2,935 Views)

Re: Is my laptop with accept the windows 8 upgrade? HP Pavilion dv7-6b32us Laptop

I did notice that the CNET site (download windows 8 preveiw assistant) that it said  if I wasn't happy with the preveiw software I would have to reload my windows 7 from my original recoivery disc.

Thats a major deal.  I will lose everything I currently have on my computer.  I wonder how many people downloaded that software without picking up on that HUGE caviet?

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 4 (2,875 Views)

scuberboy wrote:

I did notice that the CNET site (download windows 8 preveiw assistant) that it said  if I wasn't happy with the preveiw software I would have to reload my windows 7 from my original recoivery disc.

Thats a major deal.  I will lose everything I currently have on my computer.  I wonder how many people downloaded that software without picking up on that HUGE caviet?

That's why backups are important.  Also, you would really have to be trusting, or not worry about data lose if you replace your working OS for one that's in beta.  When I tried out Windows 8, I loaded mine on a virtual machine.  Haven't tried using dual-boot but I heard it's doable.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation