Question

Top Student
gotboost
Message 1 of 9 (7,899 Views)

Laserjet P2014 Windows 8

Hallo, after houres of houres i don't get this printer in win 8 working.

What can i do, all answers are welcome!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 9 (7,893 Views)

Re: Laserjet P2014 Windows 8

Hi,

Hope the utility mentioned in the following link can work this out for you:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-W...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
gotboost
Message 3 of 9 (7,891 Views)

No it recognise my printer but it doen't have a driver for this modell.

Does HP run my printer out in windows 8 , that's bad!

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 9 (7,884 Views)

gotboost wrote:

Does HP run my printer out in windows 8 , that's bad!

Hi,

Not that's bad, could be bad luck - how old is your printer ?  I don't expect vendors (all of them) to release updates for all small/home printers after few years.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 9 (7,628 Views)

Hi,

To clarify further, your printer will be supported by Windows 8 however the solution for the new OS will be delayed..

You may fing this information listed in teh following document:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03517088#A1

In the following chart you can find listed that a software for your printer expected to become available in January 2013:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
darlingdamsl
Message 6 of 9 (7,373 Views)

I am really confused by this. I too have spent hours trying to find a solution. The installation wizard just keeps disappearing after it supposed to connect to the internet to find the driver.  

Now per the above chain, am I to understand correctly that I won't be able to print until January?  Or is there drive ready, but I just can't find it and more stuff will be availble from Jan?  

Confused and fustrated.  I really would have expected HP to have the drivers ready the launch of windows 8 if I am understanding correctly.

Honor Student
snamu
Message 7 of 9 (7,146 Views)

still waiting and counting the days (MONTHS I mean)

looks like "January 2013" actually means January 31st - or worse?? T - 1 week and counting!
Honor Student
Van_Hoffen
Message 8 of 9 (6,993 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I got solution for you. It works.
1. Download preferred Windows 7 driver. (64 or 32) 
Driver

2. Download 7-Zip

3. Install 7-zip
4. Run 7-zip and thru it filemanager rightclick on downloaded driver, and UNPACK it to folder you want. (remember the path to it.) This EXE driver file is selfextracted arhive.  I choose C:\temp\driverhp\  
5. Go to that folder. (C:\temp\driverhp\)
6. Find 2 CAB (MS Cabinet file) in UNPACKED folder(in C:\temp\driverhp\). For 64x driver it was 1. HP2014drv64.cab and 2. HP2014enww64.cab. This is arhived files that contain part of driver software.

7. Unpack them both with 7-zip in the same folder there you previous unpacked driver and find these CAB files (C:\temp\driverhp).
8. ALL THREE FILES MUST BE UNPACKED IN ONE FOLDER.

9. Manualy install driver (help)

Thats it. For me it works on old VAIO notebook with newly installed Windows 8.  Hope it works for you.

PS: The problem with installing driver not in the driver but in the scripts it used for installing.

PPS: I spend 40 minutes to find this solution... Supports, do your best and stay calm! Say me something about "DELAYED SOLUTION", most of Windws 7 drivers works to Win8. AND if the problem with installer, it need to be installed manualy (it's common solution).

This solution can be used not only for 2014 driver but for other buggy driver installers.

Honor Student
Silveredel
Message 9 of 9 (2,530 Views)

At least!

I downloaded the the HP Universal pcl5 driver for P2015. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=4157320&spf_p...

Install the software on my pc.

After that I took the unknowed device (Laserjet P2014) from the device manager and install manually the HP universal PCL5 driver from the printer list. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation