My new HP Pavilion has not been tested for Windows 8. Why not? (1625 Views)
Tutor
jfredricw
Message 1 of 4 (1,625 Views)
Accepted Solution

My new HP Pavilion has not been tested for Windows 8. Why not?

My Windows 7 HP Pavilion, model 520-1040a with a touch screen was sold to me in July by Harvey Norman - together with the advice that it was designed in readiness for Windows 8.

Today,on the HP website  I checked for information about upgrading to Windows 8 . 

After I entered the computer's product number, QU392AA#ABG, I got the message that "HP has not tested this PC" and was told that if I upgrade to Windows 8  I may lose functionability & stability.

Does anyone know whether or when HP will address this issue?

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 2 of 4 (1,450 Views)

Re: My new HP Pavilion has not been tested for Windows 8. Why not?

HP tested models and drivers for computers built after Sept of 2011. It sounds as if your model was built within that timeframe (although the model you provided pulled up a touchsmart). When Windows 8 is released, be sure to run Windows Update after installation. Windows Update provides drivers as well as firmwire provided to Microsoft by the manufacturer.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 3 of 4 (1,350 Views)

One other tip: Once you install Win 8 with the Win 8 Upgrade kit, activate your system right away with an Internet connection and reboot the system to enable touch.

Student
om2689
Message 4 of 4 (524 Views)

i have a hp laptop purchase in bhopal

but seler was not give any cd/dvd so pls provide windows 8 product key

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation