Question

Honor Student
killerknv
Message 1 of 8 (35,719 Views)

NEED ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 driver for windows 8 pro

I have HP dv6 3057tx and using windows 8 PRO 64 bit 

Graphics driver for windows 7 is not working in windows 8 ,So if there is any new graphics driver .... or any solution.... Pls help.......

Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 8 (35,713 Views)

Re: NEED ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 driver for windows 8 pro

Hi:

Did you see if you could get the driver from AMD? You have to run their compatiblity tool first.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

Otherwise, I recommend you try to manually install the W7 driver from your notebook's support and driver page.

Paul

Honor Student
Dlovanit
Message 3 of 8 (32,676 Views)

[ Edited ]

Orphanage repair graphic card driver Thank you

11-25-2012 9-50-28 PM.jpg

Honor Student
CeeKay
Message 4 of 8 (28,212 Views)

Hello,

I have exact the same problem with the exact same grafic card... (ATI Radeon 5650)
(same printstreen like yours)

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-3160eb Entertainment Notebook

I have updated my notebook to windows 8 and now I can't get my grafic card  installed...

greetz

Honor Student
CeeKay
Message 5 of 8 (28,209 Views)

Knipsel.PNG

Student
Warchild1942
Message 6 of 8 (27,442 Views)

Just a quick question does anybody from HP corporation even cares about this issue, I don't see any reply to this posts, as the issue is still present.

Student
hel_sy
Message 7 of 8 (27,136 Views)

[ Edited ]

I used drivers from here http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/11/catalyst-12-10-whql-unifl-for-amdintel-graphics/

It works on my HP Envy 14. HP, shame on you! You do not have working driver for my laptop I bought less than 2 years ago.

Student
J_Brian
Message 8 of 8 (16,525 Views)

I used this driver package too, but I had after the installation of the AMD Drivers a Black Screen, and I could'nt read anything.
Then I solve this problem! 
And here are my steps:

1. Download the driver package http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/11/catalyst-12-10-whql-unifl-for-amdintel-graphics/

2. I have installed it and I made a desktop-icon for the amd Installer.

3. Then I go to the Device Manager and then I clicked with the right-click on the ATi Radeon HD5650 and then I choose 
     "Update Driver Software...". After this then comes a windows with two messages. I have chosen the Second One                "Browse my computer for driver software". Then put in the location of the driver from the installed downloaded                  package. The Standard location is: C:\Drivers\Catalyst_12.10_WHQL_UnifL\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF

4. Then click on "Next" and then comes a message that a driver wants to get installed, install it.

5. After this then comes the "Black Screen". Now take your finger and press the Display Change Button: |O|
     Press the button 3 times and press Enter after this if you don't see your desktop do this step again.

6. Then If you have a picture do step 5 again and now you must look very well because now the desktop is very dark and      you can't make the brightness better.

7. After this close all windows but before you could maybe see that the driver for the ATi Graphic Card is successfully            installed. 

8. Now click on the desktop-icon which called "Run Catalyst 12.10 WHQL UnifL Installer"

9. Run this Installer and then install it and don't make an update. Now choose a "user defined" installation and check if
     all important things are would be installed (so far if you can read it).

10. Click on Next and Installation begins. While or after the installation you get now your desktop with a correct 
        brightness. 

I hope it solve your problems :smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation