Question
P1005 On Windows 8
Replies (38)

Tutor
dr_sills
Message 31 of 39 (1,345 Views)

Re: P1005 On Windows 8

The file to which K.R. refers, above, is the driver supplied by HP from its website  for 64bit Widnows 8 users with P1000 - P1500 printers. If re-installing it works for him, maybe you should try it too.

Didn't work for me. Installed correctly, as far as I can tell, but manifested no new printer icon in the devices and printers panel. And when I turned on my P1005, there appeared an "unknown device" icon, for which the properties indicated no installed driver. This state persists despite restarts.

Glad to see this issue being addressed; on tenter hooks waiting for the revised driver.

Tutor
dr_sills
Message 32 of 39 (1,292 Views)

Seems oddly inflammatory to address the festering absence of a driver promised a year ago with an untested and uninstallable one. And then... nothing?

Not sure where we stand on this.

Is anybody working on making a driver, or ought we to be satisfied to have one in name only?

Honor Student
Islay
Message 33 of 39 (1,212 Views)

After more than six months of promises, followed by support that does not work (the Host-based Plug-n-play), I have finally ditched my P1005.  The replacement, needless to say, is not from HP, and the nasty feeling that this saga has left in the mouth makes it unlikely that anything I purchase ever will be in the future.  Honest, straight-talking at the outset would have been far more acceptable.  Why on earth would HP allow this well of resentment to just go on seething, and building up, with such a long series of promises that were never met, and apparently never planned to be met?

Regretfully,

Islay

Tutor
dr_sills
Message 34 of 39 (1,203 Views)

I echo the sentiments of Islay, above--especially wondering "why [...] such a long series of promises never met?"

With optimisim, may I ask again if anybody at HP is attending to this, or ought we to consider the matter closed?

And Islay, in order that this thread might be stamped "Solved!" for you and I (at least), may I enquire: what printer did you settle upon to replace the P1005?

Thanks!

Honor Student
Islay
Message 35 of 39 (1,191 Views)

Dr_sills, thanks for your thoughts.  I, too, hope that this board is monitored by HP.  I think it is reasonable to regard our criticism as constructive, insofar as we are offering some suggested action for the future.

In my own case, I went somewhat upmarket, with a Brother HL-3170CDW Color Laser.  The footrpint is larger than I would like, but performance to date (all of two weeks!) has been excellent.  Obviously not long enough to give a serious assessment as yet.

I trust you will be happy with whatever replacement you elect!

Cheers,

Islay

Honor Student
Tonga
Message 36 of 39 (1,022 Views)

Exactly the same that happened to Dr Sills. I installed the driver, and the PC does not recognize the printer when I connect the USB. NO printer installed, and it appeard under 'other devices'

ABout to toss my printer and never again buying HP. This is outrageous.

Tonga

Student
hitzjain
Message 37 of 39 (1,016 Views)

Re: hp laserjet p1505n on Windows 8

my hp 1005 mft is not working with my lenovo pc containig i5 processor and windows 8
Tutor
dr_sills
Message 38 of 39 (1,010 Views)

Re: hp laserjet p1505n on Windows 8

Your P1000-series printer is compatible with Windows 8 using the HP-OP driver, i.e., the Hewlett Packard Other Printer Driver, which drives you to the mall to buy another printer.

Try Canon! My MX722 is a peach.

Student
ali110110
Message 39 of 39 (873 Views)

Re: KLINIKROBOT.COM SOLVED FOR PRINTER HP P1005 On Windows 8

this is very good
this is true
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation