Question

Honor Student
seoexpert
Message 1 of 37 (68,161 Views)

SimplePass Fix for Windows 8?

It appears my warranty expired on my HP TouchSmart t2-2150us and upgrading to Windows 8 just hosed my SimplePass. I went to the vendor and they said to ask HP. Going in circles here, can anyone help?

Ref: https://support.authentec.com/Forum/tabid/318/forumid/49/threadid/859/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 37 (68,127 Views)

Re: SimplePass Fix for Windows 8?

Hi,

Uninstall current software and Validity driver for fingerprint reader.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install latest HP SimplePass Software by DigitalPersona from here (32bit) or from here (64bit).

Download and install latest Validity driver for fingerprint reader from here.

Restart system and check the results.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
Frazdv6
Message 3 of 37 (67,832 Views)

I can't install the latest Validity driver for fingerprint reader because it says that windows 98/xp/Vista/7 are required... what do i have to do???

Honor Student
l3thalbloo
Message 4 of 37 (67,828 Views)

Go to C:/SWSetup/SP48509. Then right click Setup.exe and click the compatability tab. Then mark the checkbox "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 7" from the drop down menu. Click apply and run the setup, it should install.

Honor Student
Frazdv6
Message 5 of 37 (67,822 Views)

OK... now i can install it, but the installation programme crashes before it ends... what can i do??

Honor Student
seoexpert
Message 6 of 37 (67,801 Views)

Worked like a charm. However, the Win8 computer login screen doesn't support the software. I'll take what I can get I guess. :smileyhappy:
Teacher
Chaand
Message 7 of 37 (64,087 Views)

hi all

this is an old topic

though I had two copies of windows 8 earlier on, the consumer preview and the release preview, and yet, I didn't have a problem with fingerprint compatibility!!

Now , while installing the windows 8 pro, it asked me to uninstall it as it's incompatible!

Since you guys have been there before, how is it working with you ??? any effect on the computer performance in any way ?

Student
RobertMH
Message 8 of 37 (60,265 Views)

I tried this all and nope it did not install.  What is the update on the update for windows 8?  I have a new HP Pavilion dv6-6c50us Entertainment Notebook PC...paid windows for the windows 8 professional update and now the ID security doesn't work.  What DO I do now?

Top Student
hpsimplepassw8
Message 9 of 37 (60,249 Views)

Upon initial install using Windows 7 compatibility settings on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit I actually got this working, even with the Windows 8 login screen! Then after restarting as the installer suggested, the whole fingerprint reader stopped working completely. I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6. Will this be patched soon?

Top Student
hpsimplepassw8
Message 10 of 37 (60,236 Views)

GOT IT WORKING 100% ON WINDOWS 8 PRO! Uninstall your current version then install this! http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/windows/hpsimplepass.aspx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation