Question

Honor Student
RobinAwesome
Message 1 of 5 (3,283 Views)

Upgrading to Windows 8, will certain HP features be updated for this in the (near) future?

1. Product Name and Number
     • HP Elitebook 8570w Workstation

2. Operating System installed (if applicable) 
     • Windows 7 64-bit

Hey guys,

I want to update to Windows 8 on my notebook and thus I ran the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant.

Spoiler
Secure Boot isn't compatible with your PC
Your PC's firmware doesn't support Secure Boot so you won't be able to use it in Windows 8.
Broadcom Bluetooth Software
Broadcom Corporation
Dual-Core Optimizer
AMD
Not compatible
Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
Hewlett-Packard Company
Not compatible
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
Intel Corporation
Not compatible

Which gave me the result in the spoiler. I'm especially keen on the HP ProtectTools because I love the fingerprint login featurer. I'm also not so sure what missing the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host and Dual-Core Optimizer will mean for me.

Does anybody know if these things will work on Windows 8 Pro (regardless what the Update Assistant says), or if not, if it will be solved in the future, or if not, what problems it will give me.

Thanks!

Robin

Student
kol_inka
Message 2 of 5 (3,154 Views)

Re: Upgrading to Windows 8, will certain HP features be updated for this in the (near) future?

Hello, sorry, my e-mail is not reply. Just I have the same issue

I bought laptop on 17.10. this year and now I try to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8. Laptop HP ProBook 6570b. I uninstalled 5 programs as requested by upgrade guide:

1. HP Webcam, 2. Broadcom Bluetooth Softwarem, 3. Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools, 4. Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, 5. Microsoft Security Essentials.

In the end it was not enough, upgrade guide requested to uninstall HP ProtectTools. I was not successful and that is a reason why I still do not have Windows 8. Any help/advise how to proceed in order not to loose the way to log in to computer completely?

Thanks a lot.

kol_inka

Student
joehanratty
Message 3 of 5 (2,853 Views)

Re: Upgrading to Windows 8, will certain HP features be updated for this in the (near) future?

I have the HP-Pavilion VA284AAR-ABA IQ546T Touchscreen All-in-one

It originally shipped with Vista, but during the period you could upgrade to Windows 7, which I did as soon as I got it. I love it (only wish it had HDMA out, but that is another issue).

Just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro using their donload Upgrade system. It ran great. Worked like my android tablet with regards to touchscreen capability. Could swipe to get the sidebar with search charms on the right and swipe from the left to get other open windows, It was truley wonderful. Then while looking at some settings functions there was a suggestion that my computer preformance was lagging and I should refresh my system.

First of all when I think of the word refresh, I think about splashing a little seabreaze on my face,,,that is refreshing. What happened to my computer after hitting refresh was more like Brad Pitt getting a facelift to look like me. Not Happy.

Now none ot the touchscreen features work other than moving and hitting tiles. Gone is the ability to swipe to mover the entire screen to the right or left or up and down. No more opening the charms bar with a right side swipe. It is like the touchscreen only works halfway. I know this is an old machine in Tech terms, but I know it will work, because it did. Please offer drivers under windows 8 to restore full functionality of the touchscreen to this product. I know your web sight says that there are limitations to the touch features because of the bezel, but I know it works, I 've seen it work and it was a thing of beauty. ( I tried restore, but ther is no restore point prior to refresh) Please warn others about the evils of the refresh option ant to try to establish a restore point before that. Lonng time HP buyer and supporter, please help.

Tutor
BrianMitchell
Message 4 of 5 (1,812 Views)

This is really a very nice thread. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Student
lordalexnight
Message 5 of 5 (1,794 Views)

Суть проблемы: купил ноут HP ENVY m6-1106er с предустановленной WIN8, но т.к. необходимо вхождение в домен, приобрёл WIN8PR. С горем попала ставится НО(!) только путём обновления из win7 при отключённом UEFI.

Чистая установка с/без включённым UEFI глохнет на этапе после подтверждения языка. Выдаёт сообщение, что ключ бла-бла-бла... в общем, что ключ не подходит (это всё ДО ввода ключа). Очевидно проблема в том, что в биосе прописан тип дистрибутива (8 обычная).

Что можно предпринять?

Прошу ответить на e-mail
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation