Will windows 8 improve the performance of my HP product? (298 Views)
Intern
JustAfix
Message 1 of 2 (298 Views)

Will windows 8 improve the performance of my HP product?

Has anyone notice an improvement in performance both the computer (specifically HP) and work ethic/production when they are using Windows 8?

Examples:

Say it speeds up your HP device, but you feel it's new interface slows you down.

Say it slows your computer some, but you feel  it's new interface causes you to be more effective when working.

Say it makes no difference.

Essentially the Pros & Cons of Win8 (on an HP device)

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: Will windows 8 improve the performance of my HP product?

Hi:

I have installed Windows 8 consumer preview on an HP dc7800 CMT (business desktop).

I noted that the PC boots up faster with W8 than it does with W7.

There are a couple things I don't like...

1. I think Microsoft should give the users the option of the new Metro interface and the current Windows 7 desktop/start menu.  I don't like that we have no choice. I don't like that the W8 desktop is stripped of some of the features I am used to all of these years.

2. Since I help a lot of foks on this forum, I copy and paste pdf links to various things...manuals, etc.

When I open a pdf link in W8, there are n links displayed--only the document.

So, I either need to learn how to do this in W8 or this is a serious limitiation to me.

So, I am definitely behind the learning curve, and cannot work as rapidly as I am used to in Windows 8.

As far as performance, Windows 8 is at least as good as W7, if not better.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation