HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-10-2012 03:23 AM
After second reboot everything was great, but I wanted to be sure and I've made one restart more. After that login screen was like always but on desktop nothing were showing, task bar at the bottom was blinking and computer was not answering on my call (ctrl alt delete) after few restarts more nothing changed and I've made that what I can. I returned to Windows 7 with default settings and with lost everything what I had on computer ... projects, notes, MindMaps, photos, diary. Things that I've been collecting from few years and I'm quite sad becouse of that.
I supose that I've done something wrong.
07-14-2012 02:18 PM
The solution described in this thread did not work for me, but it was very helpful. I managed to enable switchable graphics by building custom inf file and sign the driver using the guide mentioned above. Maybe somebody would find this useful but there are no warranties. I did not have any time to test it yet, so it may not work perfectly even on my pc.
I am not very familiar with driver development and AMD/Intel graphic drivers in particular, but looking on driver package for switchable graphics and for standalone AMD/Intel package, some differences can be seen. It looks like when switchable mode is used the Intel card is running in a Proxy mode and AMD drivers are configured to know about this proxy mode.
1. My computer is hp ProBook 4530s, the inf file is customized for following devices:
Intel: VEN_8086&DEV_0102, VEN_8086&DEV_0106, VEN_8086&DEV_0112, VEN_8086&DEV_0116, VEN_8086&DEV_0126, VEN_8086&DEV_0122, VEN_8086&DEV_010A
It probably will not install or will not work on other devices, some more inf customization required.
2. Driver binaries used:
ATI 05/30/2012, 8.972.4.0000, for Windows 8 x64 Preview
Intel, 188.8.131.5270 for Windows 8 x64 Preview. I can see Intel now has updated drivers
3. Create the installation package. I used the Leshcat’s Catalyst 12.6 WHQL UnifL UP1 (http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/07/catalyst-
- Remove everything from "Catalyst 12.6 WHQL UnifL\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\"
- Copy the AMD W8 drivers located in the similar folder "AMD_Catalyst_Win8_Release_Preview\Packages\Driver
s\Display\W86A_INF" to this folder, it should be like folder "B139706" and "C8140123.cat", "C8140123.inf", "C8140123.msi". Files "C8140123.cat", "C8140123.inf" can be deleted, use attached C8140123.inf from http://pastebin.com/6S8r7S8A instead.
- Copy files from Intel drivers "Graphics" to "Catalyst 12.6 WHQL UnifL\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\" and rename it from "Graphics" to "Intel". So the folder structure looks pretty much like in original drivers for switchable cards: "B139706", "Intel", "C8140123.inf", "C8140123.msi"
- Create the cat file as described in the guide above (Inf2cat.exe /driver:\Drivers\Zomg!-newintel /os:8_X64)
- Sign the cat file.
- As the driver will be self signed, the Test mode should be activated in Windows. Please refer to Leshcat installation guide for more details.
4. Within the installation package it now should be possible to run "setup" and cross the fingers. I used the CCC installation from the Leshcat package as I expected that it will have the UI for switchable graphics.
08-03-2012 12:36 PM
i dont know why AMD stops to provide switchable graphycs drivers...
but thats solution works for a lot of problems with ATI Radeon switcheable Graphics card here...
I'ive serch for a long time "since 12.3 release",
now i try this second solution for the catalystx 12.7 and it works fine...
in my HD6370 + HD4250...
games using DX11, like:
Batlhefield 3, runs at laggy 20fps on 12.1 driver, now goes to 30fps very playable,
syndicate goes from 22fps to 55fps,
Maxpayne from 30 to 40fps
and a lot off other games i have on my laptop...
HP brazil dont give a **** about my problem....
now you be most important than HP....
in my point of view...
men... HP needs to review its banks drivers urgently....
08-18-2012 03:57 PM
the first trick worked for me .. thanks for this crucial help ..
as he said remove all your drivers frist from the Programs and Features
like i did-
first i removed all catalyst drivers and the intel display media driver
then i installed sp53025.exe and unchecked the catalyst control center in it ..
then you must not reboot ur laptop
without rebooting ur machine just install the consumer preview driver and select only catalyst control center in it..
after all this your device manager will be showing two display devices perfectly ..
one with Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics name
and the other one with Radeon (TM) HD 6770M
finally reboot your machine and you will have the configure switchable graphics along with graphics properties option on ur desktop when u right click on it .. however u won't be able to open ur catalyst center ur default graphics adapter is now switched to ATI ...
u can confirm this by running dxdiag command from the run command and go to display tab to see that ur current active device is ATI ..
this help really worked for me after i installed WINDOWS 8 Enterprise RTM and was unable to play all my favourite games on my 6121tx beast ... thanks to the uploader again and cheers to all .. \m/
08-21-2012 06:01 AM
i sloved this problem by this update its updated to day and sloved win8 problem
08-21-2012 07:59 PM
Your Leshcat link is not working!!
I can't understand how thousands are having the same issue, yet major manufacturers such as HP are doing nothing and have this irrititating reply " once windows 8 have the final release, then we'll have the ... ??????
God help us
08-22-2012 01:52 AM
i dont now why update is deleted but i have update may be i will uplaod it soon ...!!
the version is
relly ... just may allah help us ...
02-08-2013 12:43 AM
1. Uninstall HP Support Framework
2. Uninstall Intel HD and ATI you can find under Programs and Features
3. Download the lastest ATI software from HP and HP Support Framework.
4. Install in this order - Install HP Sup Framework
5. Reboot PC
6. Install ATI
7. Viola installation successful. Switching is working