Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview driver compatibility with HP Slate 2 (9179 Views)
Student
NsiluFerreira
Message 1 of 7 (9,481 Views)

Windows 8 Consumer Preview driver compatibility with HP Slate 2

Having big issues with Multitouch driver support and image rendering on my HP Slate 2, after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

I've installed windows 8 consumer preview on my Elitebook 2740p and it works, like it was meant to run windows 8, great experience but, i tried the get it even better by installing it on my HP Slate 2, and to my disappointment, driver support for the Multitouch interface is giving me a hard time.

From scratch without any drivers, windows 8 was able to support the touch and pen interface, and i could touch and use the pen on the screen, but multitouch was not working, so i decided to install all windows 7 drivers, just like i did on the Elitebook, all drivers where installed correctly except for 2, Display card and Multitouch support.

The display driver is creating ghost images of previews windows and the Multitouch does not work, i can't pinch to zoom anywhere on the screen, or use any multitouch combinations, strange enough, after restoring the original Operating System (Windows 7), the multitouch worked, but then as soon as i upgrade it to windows 8, it stops working.

Is there a driver in the works, beta or anything, i'd really love to be able to use my HP Slate 2, running windows 8 consumer preview, that would make it a great Windows 8 tablet PC, by HP, and it would save my investment on the HP Slate 2.

Any ideas?

Student
gwchandler
Message 2 of 7 (9,192 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview driver compatibility with HP Slate 2

I was about to tackle this same project...throwing Windows 8 CP on an HP Slate 2. Glad I came across this thread before I tried it. Any luck on finding those drivers, or getting the Win 7 ones to work? I'd love an update to see if this is worth the time trying, or not. Thanks!

Student
RJHS
Message 3 of 7 (9,179 Views)

I was trying to do the same think and I don't think there is  multitouch driver yet for the Slate 2.

I installed Windows 8 on a Fujitsu Tablet T900 and I am running with the same issues multitouch not working.

Student
buggyx
Message 4 of 7 (9,091 Views)

Installed it today without much issue.  You will need to install the latest drivers available on the HP site.  Once the new video driver is installed the apps will work.  The resolution is not the best as the naitive size is 1024x600.  it looks a little distorted.  Hopefully the final version of windows 8 will address this.  You may need to run some of the driver installations in Win 7 compatibility mode

Teacher
RobAld
Message 5 of 7 (8,637 Views)

> Any luck on finding those drivers, or getting the Win 7 ones to work?

I think this thread started before  N-trig  finally came out with new drivers to help support W8...

http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Windows8

FWIW  in my case,  TouchSmart tx2,  my problem was not multi touch but Tap.   I had to use my pen to "click".   The new  DuoSense  driver has fixed that problem and allowed me to keep using Multitouch too.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/tap-on-the-screen-does-not-start...

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Student
fedmax
Message 6 of 7 (7,165 Views)

Which wireless drivers did you guys use? I have the issue that altough I can connect to my access point I cannot get to the internet.

Student
Benigno
Message 7 of 7 (4,810 Views)

You can solve the problem in Slate 2 whit this steps.

download the latest drivers from HP (SP56230) and run the file on the Slate 2. Then, go to the extracted location (c:\SWSetup\SP56230) and navigate to C:\SWSetup\SP56230\Win7\Install_CD and run the setup.exe program. This will 100% fix your wireless issue.

Very Easy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation